Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 12-Dec-2009, 00:09
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Thought of that Option
Do you think I would be allowed to enter a Cross-plain cranked R1 modified along the lines that WCM did a few years ago

Shorten the stroke, bore to 81mm and you can in 2012
Old 12-Dec-2009, 00:25
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I did read a couple of weeks ago that Pedrosa would be in favour of returning to 990cc bikes and at the same time I read something about allowing those engines to be based on Production engines to reduce development costs.
The exact same thing they objected to WCM doing.

Hopefully in the cost cutting exercise they will dump a lot of the electrics that take over some level of control from the riders, having one cheaper basic contol system from the likes of Magneti for all teams to use

OR

How about intoducing 500cc Two Strokes

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 12-Dec-2009, 09:58
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossco572
all that you all say is very true. we are all aware of the costs involved etc but what i think is in question here is the level of commitment to DD that we recieve. we have imho been ousted in favour of a more modern officially supported bike but one that has not been homologated for racing because as Kev rightly pointed out ' it is a bike in the current model line up and more likely to attract TV and Media coverage'. So where do we go from here? your very grown up comments about Daves attempts to expand the Ducati particpation at New Era events don't show a particularly non partisan viewpoint? what is the problem with more relaxed tuning guidlines? we have as far i can see been running with something similar ourselves. we don't even take points of particpants running on illegal tyres???? if the cap fits wear it!!!

Well it is not exactly clear how many issues you are attempting to deal with here!

Your concern over the level of comitment from the people who actually put the effort in to make sure that Desmo Due happens each year is a little wide of the mark! There has been no loss of focus, effort or commitment to Desmo Due for 2010, by those involved. I would invite you to show some from of evidence that this is not true, rather than just spouting off.

You have in no way been usurped by the 848 series, that series is not being run by the Ducati Sporting Club, so as a Club member you have no say in the activities and actions around that series or do you seek to attempt to control the activities of others for your own benefit?

Your original comment was with regard to the Assen round not being available to Desmo Due - simple answer to that is the required numbers were not acheived by the required date.

With regard to the attractiveness of the 848 series V the Desmo Due one, then yes Promotors of meeting will have a lot more interest in current production Sportsbikes, than bikes that haven't been made for over 6 years. With regard to TV coverage that is even more so.

As for other "non-recognised" race series, the biggest problem for any organiser is to get the series off the ground with at least 25 entries on a grid, so that a Promotor can allocate a grid - not as easy as it seems! With regard to the one to which you refer, then the near complete lack of rules does it no favours in terms of making it attractive. It has been covered elsewhere on this forum that it is a potential money pit, as soon as one individual starts spending money (then going faster) - there are no friends after the flag drops in racing.

With regard to your problem over cheating in DD, if that is a problem to you at the time of the infringement, then put a protest in as per the ACU handbook. If you are sucessful then the individual concerned would be excluded from the meeting and as such not score any points.
Old 12-Dec-2009, 13:14
500SD
Bikes: Class A 620ssie #71 - 853 R/RS Dry - 748sp Wet

Mood: Green with envy
Cool Discontent, DD, 848 & MCDRS

Their is and always will be a conflict of interests between DD and the 848 series whilst the same person promotes both series. I do not believe it is intentional, just a simple matter of human nature. The constant belittleing of the MCDRS proposal does no favours to anyone who authors negative comments.

Having a foot in two different boats and trying to sink a third by peeing in it will never be a good option. Or perhaps I am not viewing this in a common sense , business like, non biased manner.

And there is distinct possiblilty I could have the oppertunity to contest all three series if a couple of conversations go right over christmas. So it is not a case of wanting to be in any one camp. All three would be great.

This is a bike club forum, to promote bike racing and riding. Dont forget that.
Old 12-Dec-2009, 13:22
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Apples, apples and apples.

I'm not convinced we are all talking about the same thing.

DD - simple and basic class with good history of numbers.
848's - NEW and unproven class - expensive to get in and to run in - compared to DD
MCDRS - NEW and unproven in terms of numbers/grids and product.

So it is a free market, choose your flavour of apple.

Tesco sells lots of type of apples, to lots of customers, conflict of interest not really.

Market forces will always apply, if you were running Assen, what would you do? If you were NEra, same question? Everyone is just trying to fill a grid with bikes.

Let it go and enjoy the racing, simple.
Old 12-Dec-2009, 13:26
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
But I like Apple Strudel...

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 12-Dec-2009, 13:33
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wood
Apples, apples and apples.

I'm not convinced we are all talking about the same thing.

DD - simple and basic class with good history of numbers.
848's - NEW and unproven class - expensive to get in and to run in - compared to DD
MCDRS - NEW and unproven in terms of numbers/grids and product.

So it is a free market, choose your flavour of apple.

and can add also the thundersport gb streetfighter c class which 620s or smaller can also go in with upright bars on them. great tracks and all televised rounds.

lots of options to race a ducati
Old 12-Dec-2009, 14:51
Mille

Mood: elated
agree with Cranker V2

very well put, and a wonderful vision of someone standing in two boats whilst peeing in another is now indelibly engraved in my head!! Also the point chris made about the apples doesn't work for me as tesco do sell to lots of people lots of apples, but they don't work for sainsbury's either!
Old 12-Dec-2009, 22:19
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Rossco,

I find this thread hard to follow! on the other site you are:-Quote.

I'm In.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossco572;429995
Just double checked the 900SS is already dynojetted from when she was blueprinted at Baynes last year. the exhaust link pipe is being built by compitition fabrications of attleborough in Norfolk and all in need to buy is a wiring loom and nosecone/belly pan!! then if i can find a sponsor, i'll think about paint schemes! roll on april 2010

So are you in DD or Maxis thingy????

Last edited by Chaz : 12-Dec-2009 at 22:30.
Old 12-Dec-2009, 22:44
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
I think we need a reality check.

We're talking about social minded people racing bikes that are the wrong side of a decade old here. Nobody on the DD grid is out there to impress a BSB team, we're there to enjoy racing in possibly it's cheapest form and the people involved in ensuring we get to do that are doing a f3cking good job of it. FFS we'll be at a BSB meeting at one of the best tracks around with the long shot of being on tele and a couple of weeks later we'll be at the new British F1 track! That's like a pub football team playing at Old Trafford before a Champions League game, going to Stamford Bridge shortly after and then continuing the rest of the season playing at the other premier league grounds!

In the grand scheme of racing things, we the DSC DDers, are f3ck all and shouldn't really be going to the tracks we do, but decent grids, great people with the right connections and drive mean that we can, let's be grateful for what we've got before moaning about not getting to Assen and the likes. If we all had the cash then we'd do Assen every year, every track day and every round of the championship but DD is primerily about not using vast amounts of the stuff.

If people have the finances and want to start a new championship well let them, if this 848 thingy is backed by Ducati then whoopee bloody doo they'll have bigger trophies than us but will they have the craic we will? I doubt it. Admittedley it sounds a great series to be racing in and I've heard it's £500 to enter then each round is only £140 but will Ryanair take your 10grand 848 to Italy or Clogland for a tenner? I doubt that too. In 10 years time there will be another new championship launched with the lastest machines being entered and the 848 people (if it's still going) will be pulling their faces as some of us are doing now so let's just keep enjoying what we're doing and let others try and be as good as us.

Just for the record my favourite apples are pink ladies and Adsa, Tesco and Sainsbury's all sell them.

DD to 848 -
"you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history" "you've got no history"

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50

Last edited by badgerpilot : 13-Dec-2009 at 02:26.