Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Oct-2004, 02:50
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Multistrada design brief

What a brilliant piece of kit, just come back from the Sahara and its dealt with everything from chasing my mates R1 through Spain (did wish for a 996 engine then) to Moroccan roads which range from the sublime to the ridiculous. It dealt with everything including some proper off road sections.

There were 3 of us on a strange mix of bikes, R1, Africa Twin and the Multistrada, the R1 was obviously quicker, Africa twin better off road or on horrendously bumpy stuff, but all round the Multi got everyones vote as the best bike of the trip.

Finally after being mocked by certain people who suggested that it would not be wise to take a Ducati to Morocco, (no RAC or Ducati importer) its been faultless, so ,if you've thought about one, give it a try, you won't be disapointed.
Old 25-Oct-2004, 00:44
Big Twin

Well done Shaun! Look forward to article in pronto (hint).
R1 to Sahara????
Old 25-Oct-2004, 16:46
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Well done BDG, sounds like an awsome trip. So when are you following in Ewan Mcgregors wheeltracks...

Now there's a thought, a round the world trip on a Multistrada
Old 25-Oct-2004, 16:54
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Well done Shaun - looking forward to the full story - deserves a full spread in Pronto this one.

BDG - the DSC's very own Micheal Palin.
Old 25-Oct-2004, 18:56
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
!'ve got to agree with these others guys.I would love to read a full account of your trip in Pronto. at least then I could show it to a certain person at work who seems to think it's a miracle every time I take the Multistrada out and don't return on the back of a R.A.C. truck
Old 26-Oct-2004, 17:23
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
I'd love to do the Ewan Mcgregor bit but not really practical with wife, 2 young kids, business to run etc. Before all of those i used to take 3 months of each year and wander off on my own. Can't complain too much as the wife is a star and lets me get away with a lot.

I actually prefer the title of DSC's own Judith Chalmers

As for an article i will get round to writing something but it may also end up in a mainstream mag if i can find someone gullible enough and the pixs are acceptable.

I've offered the bike to Ducati UK for the NEC just in case they want a disgustingly filthy example that shows what it can do. John O'Groats to Lands End in 16.5 hours and off to the Sahara. I know its hardly Nick Saunders or BMW GS around the world but its a bit of an example for Multistrada useage.
Old 26-Oct-2004, 19:12
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
Make sure you let us know which (If any) magazine it is going to appear in.
It would be great if Ducati take up your offer and put in the stand at the NEC. I'm up there on preview day so I will look out for it