Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-May-2006, 23:44
Mille

Mood: Beige.....
They're not too hot on clothing either, a work colleague ordered a Ducati fleece from them and after 4 weeks and 6 phone calls I told him to ask them for a refund to go elsewhere. After a further 2 weeks it turned up .... in the wrong size
If everyone voted with their feet then they'd be out of business....
Old 27-May-2006, 00:34
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
If you want good friendly service in the area just contact Woods at Abergele. I've always found them to be helpfull and reasonably priced.
Old 27-May-2006, 07:45
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Good to see a well thought out and factual thread like this - nice one.

As an aside Cornerspeed are now an official Ducati service centre - Neil (Nelly) is always helpful and has helped many, many members of the DSC.

He also got a set of clutch plates to me in great time recently as well.

I've never dealt with Ducati Manchester but why not support the people, who support the club.

http://www.cornerspeed.co.uk

ps - I do deal with Ducati Leeds and there does appear to be problems with some spares from the factory at the moment but, the shop are great at keeping me informed on progress.
Old 27-May-2006, 10:56
Mille

Mood: Got the S - waiting for the Termi's
For the North West its got to be Woods everytime.
Old 27-May-2006, 11:10
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
Just been in there this morning to swop the cable, and they had air filters in stock too - bonus !!
So my bike is running and ready for test later today.

On another note i was served by one of the young mechanics who was nothing but helpfull and polite. Good to see some of the good staff are still there.

Woods sales and parts support is superb. they are enthusiastic and helpfull and you certainly feel like you want to spend your hard earned there. As for the workshop well i can only comment on my own experience and the new belts fitted on the service document were certainly not done. My engine and majority of bike work is now done by billy at wlracing. he not only is a good mate now, but his prices are keen, workmanship is good, but he is honest with me and certainly knows his arse from his elbow with regards to the ducati.
Sadly being a mate, and mates rates its always at the back of the queue while he has other paid work to do. Still gets my vote though
Old 27-May-2006, 13:18
Mille

Spoke with the Manager (Shaun/Sean) of DM and he agreed that they have had issues in the past and are working on a resolution. My issue has been resolved and I am sending the clutch drum back for a refund.
Old 27-May-2006, 13:28
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Excellent, it's good to see a clear direction from the top that is customer focussed. Hopefully it will result in a few changes up there and see the business become more wholly customer focussed.

Or something like that
Old 27-May-2006, 14:12
500SD

Ducati Manchester,a disgrace.The last time I ordered parts from there,after a two month wait,couldnt collect them as the parts man had left and there was nobody available that could use the computer!.Its been the same for two years at least,as long as they meet the sales targets Ducati are happy.
Main reason I own a Suzuki!.
Old 25-Jun-2006, 14:29

Ducati up North

The Ducati dealer problem is the main reason I have sold my 748. It was getting on in age and I knew it would start needing more TLC as time went on. When Fylde in Blackpool closed my next nearest was Italsport in Bury. They ripped me off with some cush drive bushes and damaged my bike. I had had poor service off Ducati Manchester just asking for a battery so didn't feel up to using them for anything. Living in Adlington just outside Chorley you feel unsupported as the only Ducati dealer with a good reputation is Leeds and miles away!

I now have a Harley 1200 Custom and whilst Stockport is my nearest it is only 40miles.

I love Ducati and I realize it is hard for them to have many dealers but it does leave owners out in the cold unless they are lucky enough to live near someone as reliable as cornerspeed.