Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 13-Aug-2009, 17:58
500SD
Bikes: 899

Mood: Optomistic
Castle Combe Trackday 14th Sept

Anyone doing it or up for it. Moto Rapido are massing for this via www.motorcyclefolly.com.

Only a few places left.
Old 13-Aug-2009, 18:47
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
inters??
Old 13-Aug-2009, 22:33
500SD

They are inter groups, I picked just inters with 6 places left this aft.
Old 22-Sep-2009, 14:10
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Kim how did the trackday go
I was going to ask you on Sunday but I didn't manage to meet up with you and the rest of the Hant's guys

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 22-Sep-2009, 14:24
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
yep come on...seen the avtar so must have gone well
Old 22-Sep-2009, 14:38
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
yep come on...seen the avtar so must have gone well

Obviously passed the Noise check

Old 22-Sep-2009, 14:43
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Now I have finaily done my local track I have got to do more track days there next year. Only prob is getting the 996 with 50mm cans and baffels in past the noise test. Nick B failed with the same set up.

Craig
Old 28-Sep-2009, 18:09
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Kim how did the trackday go
I was going to ask you on Sunday but I didn't manage to meet up with you and the rest of the Hant's guys

Kev, as you mention it passed the noise test ok although the bike does not run so well on them, difficult to start and stops on tickover

Anyway, I arrived at around 7:30 after refuelling at the convenient petrol station a couple of miles from the circuit. Completed the docs and sorted my mirrors etc. Had time for a coffee then did the noise. I passed but many did not including Steve Hillary's (Ex Rapido) Paul Smart 1000 thingy Motorcycle Folly seem a good bunch and with only 12 bikes per group plenty of safe space First few laps as sighters with no overtaking....as if.... We did get that wrong though as the instructor peeled in we were supposed to but a little bit of hestitation from the front guy and whoops....off for another lap Well I thought at first I did not like the circuit much at all...I've been spoilt by our annual trip to Cadders....but after the first proper session it started to come to me although it took another session or two to get the chicanes sorted

The sessions were 15 minute with 4 groups for some reason but I felt I got good track time with only one slight delay for an off at one of the chicanes. Still got to sort out my braking into these bloody chicanes as that is the only place I was overtaken by another 1098s and a Rizla painted GSXr 1000 and a Fireblade, at one point I could easily stay in formation with them but later in the day they whizzed past and I had no answer. I could see around 140 along the fast start finish bit before braking for the left then right which became much more scary as I got more confidence and over ran it a couple of times. I failed to overcome the need to go faster at the right after the back....err almost straight...and over the bumps, just could not find a bump free line!

Overall I would go back as it is about 50 miles from my house so do-able, refuelling easy, I even went out at lunch to refuel! roughly 60 miles to light on Rear tyre completely destroyed on right side anyone know where I can go to finish the left off

A grand day out all in all
Old 28-Sep-2009, 18:16
MotoGP God

Kim good to hear you enjoyed it and didn't have any mishaps. Certainly not a track for the faint hearted on a fast bike as the bumps are always waiting to catch out those that have little or no respect for them.
Having a bike that is stable when hard on the brakes is a must for Combes 3 chicanes and a good test of ones bravery.

Maybe next time you go I may be able to pop down and watch or take part