Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Oct-2006, 07:24
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck
I reckon keefyb could be right that it'll be a conservative look and not really stand out so much. The company isn't exactly flush at the minute so chances are they'll go for a good quality safe bet and if the engine is as good as everyone says it is they'll have no trouble selling them.
I kinda hope that I am wrong and it will look awesome,....mind you,some folks will think it is,....even if it aint!
As I have stated on another thread,I'm really excited thinking about the new bike.The specs on the engine sound fantastic.I wont be rushing out to buy one at the moment tho,....I absolutely love my 999,and more importantly,I cant afford another bike right now.
Old 14-Oct-2006, 07:30
Big Twin

Mood: r
the engine spec is a good selling point,will the single side swing arm? seems a step back, will the engine fit in the 999-now theirs a thought!
Old 14-Oct-2006, 07:35
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro
the engine spec is a good selling point,will the single side swing arm? seems a step back, will the engine fit in the 999-now theirs a thought!
Yep,still drooling thinking about the bike that Duck described!
Old 16-Oct-2006, 21:15
Mille

If they drop a LOT of weight and make it a fair bit faster, i'll have one. Not that worried about the looks, I love my 05 999s but it's bloody heavy getting it in and out of the van/garage and I would like something a bit quicker.

However I think that single swingarm, pointy twin lights and twin exhausts would be a step backwards too. I had a 748 and loved it in it's day but they look a bit retro now. I think the 999 is very bold but they shot themselves in the foot by launching the model in less desirable colourways and specs. If they had introduced the models as they are now (red frames, black wheels, more power) then maybe they would have been a hit?

Might go to Milan and check it out, anyone up for a ride there? ****, could be wet and cold though...
Old 16-Oct-2006, 21:32
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossa
If they drop a LOT of weight and make it a fair bit faster, i'll have one. Not that worried about the looks, I love my 05 999s but it's bloody heavy getting it in and out of the van/garage and I would like something a bit quicker.
A bit quicker??!!
Blimey,are you racing one or summat?My 'S' is plenty fast enough for me.
Old 20-Oct-2006, 18:40
Mille

I'm really no hero, occasional track days and all that but I just did 1400 miles around france and Switzerland and there were times where I would have liked that bonkers GSXR1000 power to weight flat out thrill. I guess 173 with ruck sack and tank bag isn't shabby but I think they are shooting for more power and less weight. If they achieve that and keep the stability and poise then i think i'll have to have one.
Old 21-Oct-2006, 08:09
Mille

Mood: i would love a RS in my garage
Thumbs up

Why buy another bike just because of the engine, when you can get up to 1205cc on your testaretta engine....
Old 21-Oct-2006, 23:12
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Stop press...exclusive shots of the new 1098....!!!!!

http://blog.ducati.com/post/83/la-nuova-superbike

Well at least its brake discs and calipers !!!
Old 22-Oct-2006, 16:26
WSB Hero

What a tease!
Old 09-Nov-2006, 14:59
Bevel Head

Put to one side the aesthetics and performance,anyone tried selling their 749/999 back to a dealer for the new bike.......got a good price for the bike or........."sorry sir,what with the new bike and all.....!