Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 05-Sep-2009, 16:22
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Donington Tuesday 8th September

Anyone else booked in this with no limits? The circuit closes shortly afterwards to be re developed so a last chance to have a run round the GP cicruit.

Ray.
Old 05-Sep-2009, 19:11
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Gutted I have to work Ray as it's one of the last chances to experience the full MotoGP circuit at Donny before it is closed and changed forever. So many memories of racing on it (national) and instructing and watching Rossi et al. I recall one particular year with the old BHC boys watching at Foggie Esses where they were coming out still leant over with the front in the air and leaving black lines as the rear spun up, (the racers not the BHC boys). The bang of the gear changes still sticks in my mind. I have video I took of Rossi stopping right in front of us and doing a donut on the slow down lap - awesome. That was the year Fordie wore a yellow t shirt and spent the day surrounded by wasps etc - oh how we laughed

In saying that, I can't wait until next season to have a go on the new track at it will be a big imrovement (if they have the money to finish it!)

Have fun

WeeJohnyB
Old 10-Sep-2009, 12:22
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Smile

A grand day out at Donington for a last bimble round the curent GP circuit. Dry with sunny spells and pretty windy.
Had to ride down as my mate with a van dithered about getting booked in so missed out on a place. After the frustration of enduring the congestion of the seemingly endless roadworks on the M1 the No limits Bacon sarnie on arrival was very welcome.
Lord R(6) was in attendance with the Couchster and Lord R’s (t)rusty retainer Charles.

It took a good few sessions to get back into the swoops and curves of Donington.

Plenty of dust was blowing about from the earth movers up near Macleans/Coppice.

There were a good few Ducatis about including a sedici. Donington has effectively no noise limit on noisy days, although some paperwork I saw said the limit was 112db.

The big highlight was following the 1967 MV 500 triple with Jon Cronshaw on board, what a noise. I'd heard it being warmed up in the scrutineering bay, I had to put me ear plugs in to stand anywhere near it. They were giving it a run round as a warm up for the Goodwood revival.

I’d had enough by half through the last session but stayed out to take the session end flag as it seemed appropriate. I hope they don’t bu88er the circuit up too much.

Watched the first two sessions of the track evening then headed back up North.

Ray.
Old 10-Sep-2009, 21:44
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Twaz a good day indeed, sunny weather and very few red flags (none in my group) meant max tracktime. All good. And the R6 is sweet if just a bit dull :bless: - Couch paraded a couple from his fleet, the Duke survived, the kwaka didn't

CC and I are out at Silverstone on the 19th for the Endurance race, I'm riding the R6, he's riding god knows what - probably the bike nearest the front of the garage ;0