Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-May-2003, 23:18
Mille

999S Termi\'s again...

Just read the old mb posts. I'm so glad I'm not alone!

My titanium Termi's have been on order for 4 months now. I have trolled most majojor European and North American dealers too but they just ain't there.

The 999S has the deaper sand cast engine casings, same as the R.

The heads on the "S" only take up to 55mm pipes so why sell 57's I do not know. 57's may sound cool but unless your a racer there not needed.

As for the chip problem - no comment, first I've heard of that.

As bad as I feel my dealer feel worse. When I purchased the bike we did a deal on the pipes! £1500 fitted! £2007 list and 4 1/2 hour labour fitting. He was hoping to do it during the PDI!!!

Big recommendation - Daytona (Ruislip) they will honour the deal and have given me faultless attention.
Old 03-Jun-2003, 19:04
Mille

A quick update that may help others.

Being entirely peeed off I complained to Ducati UK and received a reply as follows...

"Good Morning Duncan,
Ducati Performance is not an independent company from Ducati Motor Holding, merely the Brand Name of Accessories and Tuning Items for Ducati Motorcycles.

Regarding accessories availability for 999s - we have been receiving products over the last months. However supply is still a little slow (although improving rapidly) because of the completely new design of the bike. Almost all the accessories have had to be manufactured after the final design of the bike went into production.

Regarding Termignoni exhausts, please let me know which one's you have on order and who the dealer is and i will try to get you a delivery date.

Best regards

Georgina Jonas
Clothing and Accessories Manager"

So I sent her the info and this was the response......

"Hello Duncan

I have a reply from Italy regarding your exhaust system. I am afraid it will not be available until mid June at the earliest.
I have asked Italy to supply Daytona Riuslip as priority as soon as the kit becomes available.
I am sorry that I am not able to give you better news on this.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards

Georgina"

I found "Georgina" to be helpful and polite and at least she did what she said she would.

So if anyone else is having Ducati Performance delivery problems why not drop her a line directly....

accessories@ducatiuk.com
Old 04-Jun-2003, 17:46
500SD

Mood: Very happy with the Multi
I'll second that, Georgina was very helpful when I was after bits for the 999.
Can we vote for her on the dealer poll
Here's mine 10/10