Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 18-Dec-2004, 17:04
500SD

Mood: Corners like a Lego man
Quote:
Originally posted by lizzie
Rattler, there are plenty of people who post on the board who aren't members of the club and conversely plenty of people who are members of the club but don't ever use the board. Eamonn gave the MT some figures about the proportion of club members who regularly post on the board and I was surprised at how low it was, but I can't remember the figure. Eamonn???

For those that are interested , in 2003 we had 788 different authors placing at least one entry on the board, of these 243 were club members - i.e. 31% of the authors were club members. However when looking at the number of actual postings (rather than the authors) 69% were made by club members.

So we can see that about one third of the club members use the board, but when they do, they dominate the conversation ...... but that's one of the reasons why we have the sytem isn't it?

Eamonn.
(partial anorak wearer)
Old 18-Dec-2004, 17:51
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Speaking of dominating the conversation...

Those statistics are quite interesting. I actually didn't think you could post anything unless you were a paid up member of the club. The adverts for bikes etc from Newbies always make me think it's a cynical attempt to get some fairly extensive, well directed advertising for the £25 quid it costs to join the club. I didn't realise people didn't even have to pay that. If not, why not?

Just asking - it's not really a big issue for me one way or the other. I'm just frittering away the hours till the shops shut so that I don't feel tempting to START MY CHRISTMAS SHOPPING . EEEEEeeeeek!
Old 18-Dec-2004, 18:40
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Interesting figures, but a third of the membership is hardly "very much the minority" of the club. I'd describe that as a significant section of the club.

Just my thoughts, but I do understand the reasons for not wanting to release the booking info to board users only first.

Tim
Old 18-Dec-2004, 18:45
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Lizzie - are you very definate on the rule - members on Ducati's only? - is it worth AK booking the day off, just in case things get 'relaxed' late in the day?

C
Old 19-Dec-2004, 18:43
Montjuic

Mood: p*$$ed off
Quote:
Originally posted by Redruth
I actually didn't think you could post anything unless you were a paid up member of the club.

Nope, I was posting on the board before I joined the DSC proper.

HTH

[Edited on 19-12-2004 by eccles291]
Old 19-Dec-2004, 20:30
500SD

Mood: Pretty good considering....
Sorry Charlotte - Ducati only this time. Can't you persuade Alan that that's what he really wants? Or see if anyone will lend him one?

And Ruth - anyone can post on the board. If they are a club member though there should be a little Ducati symbol next to their names (though not always as we can't always match the webname with people's real names and also we can take a while to update when people don't renew).
Old 19-Dec-2004, 20:36
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Cheers for reply Lizzie

He wont take the monster special round the track, cos of too many one offs on it - and likewise wont borrow (even tho he has been offered a few) just in case the 'worst' happened.

Is maybe thinking of letting viffer trackbike go, but enjoyed riding it so much this year, he may well hang onto it for a blatt round Brands, when Henry lets us know the date.

In the mean time - if anyone has a duff 748 - eg, a cheapie/dropped/needs mech work so cheap - please let us know, as poss looking for one for track later in year.

C
Old 02-Jan-2005, 21:44

Mood: 6 points and simmering
Can I have my Ducati symbol then - please?
Old 04-Jan-2005, 15:17
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Lord R,

30% is a minority up here, with the remaining 70% being the majority.

Even a professional statistician would have trouble proving otherwise!!

got to go the abacus needs picking up from sales, they took all the beads off trying to make something to massage their figures.

There are a lot of DSC members who don't have or can't be ****d with t'internet. The figures are very interesting although I am surprised at how few use the board.

Ray.