Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 04-Aug-2009, 11:10
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col996s
I would be interested how many members there are in the club and compare it with say two years ago.

or run a last 5 years 4,3,2,1.......to see the decline.

The biggest issues for me are the consistant lack of communication, eg a letter sent out with no name responsible, or the secret mailing address in Leicester, magic door matt excetera...

The resistance to more modern ways of doing things, eg on line membership registration....

let alone the unfinished saga...(not the holiday company although that could be relevent)

sad really..
Old 04-Aug-2009, 11:49
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 996S

Mood: Waiting for the warmer weather.
The lack of communication is frustrating.
I wrote an article for Pronto, maybe not a very good one but an article neverless. I was told there was a short deadline so I put something together quickly and sent it in. I was told that I would be contacted about the article, I have heard nothing since despite sending a PM reminder.
I appreciate people are doing this part time and that they have lives to live but keep people informed what is happening please.

Last edited by Col996s : 04-Aug-2009 at 12:05.
Old 04-Aug-2009, 11:55
GTL

Mood: Been Testing the 3 P's (Pizza, Pasta, & PERONI!)
Got my Reminder !

Quote:
I wrote an article for Pronto, maybe not a very good one but an article neverless. I was told there was a short deadline so I quickly put something together quickly and sent it in. I was told that I would be contacted about the article, I have heard nothing since despite sending a PM reminder.
I appreciate people are doing this part time and that they have lives to live but keep people informed what is happening please.

Got my reminder form today, postmarked 1st August.
I've put it on my PC desk where it's going to stay for the time being !

Mark
Old 04-Aug-2009, 14:55
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
I think its a shame really.

I chose not to rejoin a year or so back as I didn't have enough time to read the pronto, and wasn't getting time to catch up on here either. No other reason.

Consequently I missed all the explosion that took place, and only knew about it when I got an email telling me all the terms were changing and the forum was down for a while.
Any club of this sort of size is always going to have more than one viewpoint, and when two (or more) strong willed people stand up and shout, it often leads to what has happened last year.

What I really find frustrating though is that it is still being talked about, and the club not allowed to move on. any newer people looking in with a view to join must wonder what the hell is going on, and may well choose not to join as a result. That just continues the downward spiral, and actually substantiates any argument of those that walked away (and from what I understand set up a new forum).

I only visit this one ducati forum as its all I have time to do. Although I may not have met many of you, I do enjoy the banter and can relate to a number of people I've conversed with. There are a good number of forums where the banter is very inflamatory, so this one is very civilised in omparison.

Stuff like membership letter probably comes down to a new person in the role still trying to find their feet, may not have all the necessary paperwork, and possibly not the same skill set.
I'd give them a little more lattitude, but would urge the Management Committee to provide a more responsive channel of communication so people can speak direct, and not kick off on the forum. The only way to fix things is for people to have the opportunity to tell you its broken, and be achnowledged for doing so.

Finally, while I'm setting myself up for a kicking, I realise all those who don't like what they see probably couldn't step up to the plate and help because they are likely too busy, but maybe you could look at what you do get for your money rather than what you don't. I bet a small number of people put in a large amount of effort, and getting others to help is next to impossible.

I was very tempted to delete this prior to sending it, but decided I would proceed with expressing my views.

Keep up the good work guys, it will all come good eventually, so hang in there.

Cheers,
John.
Old 04-Aug-2009, 16:01
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .

Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
Quote:
I wrote an article for Pronto, maybe not a very good one but an article neverless. I was told there was a short deadline so I put something together quickly and sent it in. I was told that I would be contacted about the article, I have heard nothing since despite sending a PM reminder.

I agree with that, I have spent a fair few hours putting together the cleaned up version of the DSC logo, (as asked by the last Chairman PJ)
printed out some proofs, took them to the BMF, gave them to Mark
and that was the last I heard of it . . . thank's Mark.

The DSC TD poster to this day I don't know if any dealers received them.
Maybe it's due to the shift around, but I feel you contact one person,
it is then handed to another, then another, then you lose intrest.
(saying that I do know at the time a few MT members were unable to give full attention to this, so that is understandable)

TopiToo
Old 05-Aug-2009, 00:16
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Ah well. Ive seen the leading figures,well whats left of them, come and post and then go today, so i guess my questions must be in the too difficult box........
Old 05-Aug-2009, 01:48
500SD

or maybe they have noted comments but don't want to jump in too early and stiffle any other opinions ?

Agreed though, at least an acknowledgement of this thread and its comments would be good, as would knowing exactly who hold which position. I had asumed this was given in one of the prontos, but since you lot don't know either I guessI'm wrong
Old 05-Aug-2009, 14:09
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by John W
or maybe they have noted comments but don't want to jump in too early and stiffle any other opinions ?

Sorry John. "They" usually seem to manage to stifle opinions like in the posts above by ignoring them until they go off the end of "Todays posts"
Old 05-Aug-2009, 14:18
500SD

Ahhhhh, hadn't thought of that one
Old 05-Aug-2009, 15:04
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Nice post John.

Love these threads, reminds everyone that people are always watching the DSC board

Never really leave.....

I imagine the MT are busy sorting the GFC, World Hunger, Gaza, Third World debt etc...

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit