Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 09-Jun-2009, 11:41
500SD
Bikes: 996 Bip

Mood: CITIUS EST MELIUS!
Cadwell - tyre pressures

Hello Folks,

Does anyone have any thoughts regards suitable track pressures for 996Bip with 180/55 section rear please?

Help appreciated.

Thanks & regards.
Old 09-Jun-2009, 13:11
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Depends on your riding and the weather and what tyres you have on. CB is to confirm if there is a tyre guy there, if so, he tyre guy can advise. Many others will also be able to give you advice. If you are a novice group rider and riding to the circuit, you may actually consider leaving them as they are or just reducing a couple, inters/faster riders may want to be around the 30:30 mark, but you will get others saying more in the front, more in the back etc. For novice and slower inters speed, to be honest it won't make much difference and it is good advice to run what you normally ride at as you will be used to how this feels, although if very hot on the day, your tyres will heat up more than normal. A sudden large drop will be very noticable and may feel very wierd, particularly if you then don't ride fast enough to get the tyres up to optimum operating temperature.

I run my Super Corsa Pros at 30:30 (cold), but my new Dunlops are recommended at 29:27 HOT I think (need to check that, but whatever, it's quite a lot lower with some of the new tyres coming out)

Fact is, you'll have loads of time to experiment and loads of people on hand to help, incuding Ducati and Hacketts, so can't really go wrong

WeeJohnyB
Old 09-Jun-2009, 13:47
500SD

Thanks indeed.

I run Diablo Corsa 3's. On the road I ride (as best I can) spirited and smooth, but have not ridden on the track before, so not sure what to expect.

On the road typically run 35psi F and 39psi R.

Leave as I am?

Regards
Old 09-Jun-2009, 14:42
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
James I would look at starting out by bringing the rear pressure down a few PSi to match the front and see how you get on. 35/35
As you learn the track and push harder and are then going to do the second day it mat then be worth looking at reducing both front and back another few PSI say 32/32

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 09-Jun-2009, 14:48
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
Have a look at this http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ad.php?t=79627 always great words of wisdom.
Old 09-Jun-2009, 18:00
500SD

Thanks indeed most helpful.

Looking forward to it!
Old 09-Jun-2009, 19:20
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
agree with Skids, 39 in the back is a lot on a track, but if it's cold and you are average rider, then stick with what you know. I'd drop the rear to 35, see how you feel. If it's hot and you are going a decent pace, try dropping another 3 in both front and rear, 32 32 will feel quite different, but after a couple of session, be better for you

WeeJohnyB
Old 09-Jun-2009, 20:03
500SD

Thanks once again for your help.

WeeJohnyB, Skids, I will take your advice and run with 35/35 on the first day and see how I go. Second day all being well I will give 32/32 a try.