Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Mar-2005, 22:53

Mood: ready salted
Sparkin
frpm your web page link
Main Page Used bikes sales UNIT 1,
52 LONDON ROAD,
HARLESTONE,
Is this a mistake on carls address (harlestone).
Old 01-Mar-2005, 22:55
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
Quote:
Originally posted by chris large
wonder how much for devon ??

Chris I live in Surrey and got my new 749S of Ducati leeds last Novembr it was delivered FOC.

As soon as I havedone another 300 miles it is going back for the first service and to have Termis fitted, they are going to pick up and deliver back at a small cost that we haven't established yet.

Don't know when you need your service but if you can wait a few weeks (hopefully) I will give you the name of my contact and they may pick yours up on the same trip and do you a deal????

Jon
Old 01-Mar-2005, 23:28
Big Twin

Mood: This is a carbon free zone!
Quote:
Originally posted by trevor999
Sparkin
frpm your web page link
Main Page Used bikes sales UNIT 1,
52 LONDON ROAD,
HARLESTONE,
Is this a mistake on carls address (harlestone).

Well spotted deliberate mistake have edited the site,now reads Harleston.
Yes he was at clarkes for 8-10 years(I think?)but got feed up with a certian persons att and moved on,if you`re in the Norfolk area There is no one else just ask wheelspin,dodgy,rooney,tantrum,scully etc....
Old 02-Mar-2005, 02:55
500SD

my bike has just been delivered back to me today after having a few bits done, they delivered foc and it hadn't even had a service!
Came back looking spanking clean, better than i could do! The chap was dropping off a new 05 plate 999 down the road, i live nearly 50 miles away from them.
my bike will be going back to them! recommended:P

just hope it warms up a touch this weekend!
Old 02-Mar-2005, 09:46
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
Quote:
Originally posted by chillo
my bike has just been delivered back to me today after having a few bits done, they delivered foc and it hadn't even had a service!
Came back looking spanking clean, better than i could do! The chap was dropping off a new 05 plate 999 down the road, i live nearly 50 miles away from them.
my bike will be going back to them! recommended:P

just hope it warms up a touch this weekend!

What dealer was that?
Old 02-Mar-2005, 12:56
500SD

oops sorry yeah, Ducati Leeds!

gone are the days of having to take days off work and ride to a dealer and all the faffing around that goes with it!:P
Old 02-Mar-2005, 15:02
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by chris large
just been quoted £540 for 10k / 12 month service (i knew it was going to be alot but !!!)
planning europe trip soon and in no way do i want to invalidate warranty.
do i have to get bike serviced by official ducati dealer ?
will it invalidate warranty if i don't ?
is this too much for the service ?

I had the same service done at an official ducati dealer (Pro Twins) and ended up paying £185 - bargain!! (& they stopped it cutting out). They said you don't have to do all the work in the ducati schedule - they advised I only get the time-related stuff done as I'd only done about 1500 miles since it's 1st service. The quoted £540 is the price you'll pay if you have all the work done.

My bikes booked in for another service with them in a couple of weeks & they've quoted £700 - ker ching!!!
Old 05-Mar-2005, 14:07
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
The maintenance operations described in this section require technical expertise, therefore we strongly recommend you always refer to a Ducati Dealer or Authorized workshop and it is advised that you always follow the instructions shown in the Warranty Booklet and Owner’s Manual.

Interesting statement on the website..would appear to back the case of "if you use ducati OE parts and its done by a competent mechanic" then theyll look at a warranty claim.

The important word being 'look'. I, like most people HATE being turned over by genuine 'expert' dealers for servicing my new S4R, when my 888 is serviced by a mechanic who is ten times as competent, charges 30% less, collects and re delivers, and cleans every component he works on before valeting the bike.

Problem is the monsters got a bit of reputation for flaky engine casings and im not prepared to risk it for the remaining 12 months (to be fair ducati UK have been pretty good at replacing flaky engine casings under warranty).

Digressing slightly...could anyone confirm my belief that as long as you only modify your bike with genuine ducati performance parts, the warranty is unaffected..?

Cheers
Nat
Old 08-Mar-2005, 11:05
Mille

Mood: red and proud !!!!
bit the bullet and got riders of bridgewater to service it, because they did not need to adjust tappets??!! only cost £435,
i slight concern was the near "mess up" the technician told me about, by changing the oil filter and starting the test ride before they put oil back in it !!!
obviously i rigarously quizzed this, they downplayed it !!
Old 08-Mar-2005, 11:07
Mille

Mood: red and proud !!!!
Thanks for all your help.
roll on trip to monza and le mans (8 weeks)