Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 08-Mar-2005, 12:14
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
backing Tape

Anyone know where I can by some single sided foam tape (similar to draught excluder) that I can use on aluminium, to stop two surfaces chafing together. Bought a radguard for the bike and had it anodised but need to replace the tape that was originall on it. Was told it was a 3M tape single sided adhesive backing about 2 mm thick and 10mm wide. Any ideas anyone who might do this kind of stuff?

Incidentally, had the girlfriends seat cowl painted for her (Monster 620ie) what do you think?

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?p=98076
Old 08-Mar-2005, 12:19
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Halfords might sell some kind of stuff, they sell 3M.

RS components sell doubled sided foam tape, how much do you need?
Old 08-Mar-2005, 12:29
Mille

I guess a metre or two ought to do it. But it need to be single sided, I tried phoning 3M in the UK and they dont sem to know which one it is, and I dont want to have to order it from Radguard in Oz as they want to sell me 25m of the stuff !! I might try an alarm fitters or an autoelectrical shop, its more of a cushioning / vibration absorbing type of tape really, I suppose I could use draught exlcuder but that wolud be kind of naff on such an expensive bike and I hate half measures. Incidentally getting the anodising done at Star Anodisers in Erith and they offer a 24 hour service if that a help !!
Old 08-Mar-2005, 12:36
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Rod....can you give us some guide prices for anodising + contact details for Star Anodisers.

Cheers
Old 08-Mar-2005, 13:45
Mille

rather depends on what you want done but they charge an extra tenner for 24 hours service which is brilliant. Their number is 01322335857. Hope this helps.
Old 10-Mar-2005, 01:45
Mille

Well thanks to all those people that came back with suggestions (all two of you!) I did find a company in the end that do what I want. In fact its that old chestnut "Vehicle Wiring Products" They do absolutely everything you need for a bike, especially the odd stuff, and I swear by them. So just waiting for the radiator and oil cooler guard to come back from the anodisers and refit the new tape then put the pair back on and I am ready to take Miss Emma Gency (999) out on her maiden ride. Yippeee !!!!