Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Jul-2018, 14:18
Bevel Head

Fuel Tank removal

Afternoon folks,

After starting the 848 yesterday and never really having solved the whole 'wanting to cut out at junctions' issue which are intermittent, I've gotten it into my head that it could be the fuel filter thats clogged and needs replacing...

So, I've bought a new filter, and only now having read the service manual, I realise that the filter itself is contained within the tank...This sounds like a massive job to me to replace the filter including taking the tank off etc...

Has anyone actually done this to their 848/1098/1198 etc?? Is it best to drain all the fuel out first??
Old 28-Jul-2018, 00:46
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
It is a lot easier on the 848 than it is on earlier models like the 748/916/996, if you type 848 or 1098 fuel pump into google or ebay you will see what you are dealing with

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 30-Jul-2018, 18:19
Bevel Head

Tanks off - actually a doddle to do, however now I’ve removed the fuel filter/pump assembly, I can see that they’re connected by some random looking jubilee clip type things that don’t seem to be able to be used again once off....??!

Also, I’ve now replaced both spark plugs while I had the tank off, and if I can work out how to make the image smaller, I’ll put a pic on - needless to say, they were pretty black and nasty looking...