Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Nov-2005, 17:59
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Jon, is there a prize draw for the free place?

Wish I could go, have fun you lucky lot!
Old 03-Nov-2005, 18:04
GTL

I'd be happy to commit to this or one of the other Jerez or Almeria dates, but it might be a bit early for some. I'd tend to take the "places left" info with a small pinch of salt at this early stage. I'd guess they'd be working on something like 3 groups of 30 provisional limit, but in the face of a group of around 10 potential riders, I'm sure they'd "stretch" that slightly. Anyway, if they have sold 90 places already, they're doing pretty well! Of course, I could be completely wrong...Anyway, if an "advance guard" feels like booking up early, count me in.
Old 03-Nov-2005, 18:04
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I can't commit to anything like this at the moment because I'm still unemployed.

Hopefully that situation will change tomorrow though, I've got a third interview. I'm putting together a presentation for it now, I've never done so much work to get a job before! It's like a proper consultancy almost!
Old 03-Nov-2005, 18:53
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Quote:
Originally posted by Redruth

I'm not interested in anything abroad other than open pit lane. The reason for going out there is it's something that's not offered in this country and I think the lack of pressure will help me concentrate on improving.

Sorry, 3 groups arrangements doesn't interest me. In my opinion going all that way to do the same type of trackday as I could do in this country is a waste of time and money.

No doubt someone will be along shortly to persuade me my opinion's wrong - but this time I shall be sticking to my guns.

:P:P
Old 03-Nov-2005, 19:00
GTL

Quote:
Quote:

I'm not interested in anything abroad other than open pit lane. The reason for going out there is it's something that's not offered in this country and I think the lack of pressure will help me concentrate on improving.

Sorry, 3 groups arrangements doesn't interest me. In my opinion going all that way to do the same type of trackday as I could do in this country is a waste of time and money.

No doubt someone will be along shortly to persuade me my opinion's wrong - but this time I shall be sticking to my guns.

:P:P

I'm guessing from the price that the Focused Events do is going to be 3 groups, but their previous trips have been two groups in the morning / open pit-lane in the afternoon, which seems a fair compromise. (The one in September reverted to 100% open pitlane because the track was so empty ).

I've asked FE to confirm how many groups they're running, and will post info as soon as I get it.

I have to agree, a foreign track day is a great laugh, but Open Pitlane makes it something really special.
Old 03-Nov-2005, 19:04
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
We did 3 groups in Jerez last month, from 10-6pm no break for lunch, so 20x8 sessions per day, that's probably 2 more than the UK anyway.

4 days, with probably 10% chance of rain, far better facilities than any UK track I've been too, so relaxed, and non of this getting up early to get to the circuit to set your stall up, one briefing on the first day that was your lot.

We literally turned up 10 minutes before the start of the first session, bike was already from the day before, it was just a case of getting leathers on and go.

I missed probably 8-10 sessions over 4 days, but had the most track time I've had all year.... go figure!
Old 03-Nov-2005, 19:22
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
Jon, I think bike transport will be circa £200, hotel £35 per night (no idea if that's per room or per person) flights are as cheap as chips, I'll have to check with the organiser about transport to and from the airport and circuit etc.

Jerez is fantastic though

Where's Andyb and Berton when you need them???

I know Jon, Tim and myself went to Almeria back in 03 with Tracksence for the same money too. All in all though it still cost a grand and we, or rather Tim did all the leg work.
Old 03-Nov-2005, 19:36
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
from my position of going abroad for the first time i would say it can get a bit same...ish going to the same place for 4 days in a row. but once back im missing it loads.

There is a different mentality on the track by all concerned compared to a uk day. It is a far more relaxed attitude, even the scots!

jerez was fantastic, would i go there again so soon........? I would like to try somewhere else but the options are limited.

Would i prefer to do 4 days in the uk instead, well it would certainly cost more, and weather wise, of the 10 days i have done in the uk this year, only 2 were great weather, to compete with the 4 in jerez, and it rained one of those!
Old 03-Nov-2005, 19:41
GTL

Andy, you get better pics in the UK though!
Old 03-Nov-2005, 19:45
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Harris
Andy, you get better pics in the UK though!

you mean better quality pics...i looked awesome!