Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Sep-2005, 23:35
Mille

Mood: Privileged ...
I'm surprised too, about Archie's decision ...

Mike, may I request few pics of your 926 Falappa/Corser, please ???
Old 02-Sep-2005, 23:52
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by phil911
I'm surprised too, about Archie's decision ...

Mike, may I request few pics of your 926 Falappa/Corser, please ???

Post on them site, I'd love to drool all over them as well - as others would I'm sure!
Old 04-Sep-2005, 00:55

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Cecchini
Yes, it's Arches bike alright. He's run into what happens when you have such a pristine machine that you can't ride it. Damn shame.
Damn shame? FWIW, I haven't "run into" anything, and, as you well know, I am not offering it up for sale because I "can't ride it". There are a variety of other bikes out in the garage that get ridden on a regular basis. This SP4 was purchased for the exact purpose it has served - and will continue to serve if it doesn't sell. In fact, I'm OK with the latter.
Old 04-Sep-2005, 00:57
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by Arch
Damn shame? FWIW, I haven't "run into" anything, and, as you well know, I am not offering it up for sale because I "can't ride it". There are a variety of other bikes out in the garage that get ridden on a regular basis. This SP4 was purchased for the exact purpose it has served - and will continue to serve if it doesn't sell. In fact, I'm OK with the latter.

I'll look after it

If you'd like me to, I'll even race it for you
Old 04-Sep-2005, 01:01

Quote:
I'll look after it
Feel free!
Old 04-Sep-2005, 01:06
MotoGP God

Quote:
Quote:
I'll look after it
Feel free!

Nice one, should I send you my address details so you can ship her over? Or will you pit crew for me as well and bring it over yourself?

Seriously - I'd love to buy your bike and add it to the stable but unfortunately I haven't recovered from buying the 998R yet and racing the monster is proving to be an expensive hobby!

I'll tell you what, you promise to keep it for another year and I'll buy it from you then - deal?
Old 04-Sep-2005, 01:25

Ooh, I'm there! As much as I like watching BSB whenever I can get my hands on some videotape, I'll bet your club racing scene is very cool indeed. Consider me part of the pit crew...

Old 04-Sep-2005, 01:32
MotoGP God

Quote:
Ooh, I'm there! As much as I like watching BSB whenever I can get my hands on some videotape, I'll bet your club racing scene is very cool indeed. Consider me part of the pit crew...

I've got a spare ticket with your name on it for our race at Brands Hatch next weekend Check out the Desmo Due forum for more information on our race series.

Not far from Gatwick, or Heathrow for that matter - you know it makes sense
Old 04-Sep-2005, 10:37
500SD

Hi guys..

I think Mike C. has a point though when it comes to owning very low mileage 'classic' bikes - such as the 'fresh from the crate' RC30 sold at auction a few months ago. They're only worth buying as investments. It sold for over £15000 - if I remember rightly - but riding it for even one summer season would cost its owner dearly in depreciation.

My own bikes get ridden without restriction. Rarely do I press the start button on any of them without it covering 100+ miles. It would drive me mad to have such a bike, and be afraid to ride it!

Arch... The story of how you came about buying your mint SP4 was real interesting. Inspired me to find one of my own, actually - and it's now ridden more often than my Strada.
Since I'll never sell it, mileage/depreciation don't even come into the equation. In fact, I'm off now to put another 150ml on the clock..!

Steve