Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 18-Sep-2004, 20:00
Mille

Mood: Need to get out
Problem alarm

Has anyone had any problems with spyball alarms.Went out for a ride last week bike was working ok untill we stopped off to have a chat,went to start and nothing no lights nothingTrouble is spyball went bust little after I got the bike two years ago which is not good,I have been told it could be the battery back up in the alarm which has had it.
Old 18-Sep-2004, 20:32
Mille

Is the bike totally dead ie no headlights etc. If so I doubt it's the alarm as the lights except for indicators shouldn't be wired through alarm.

Assuming battery is OK I would suspect the main relay which is the middle sized one next to the battery. My one had moisture inside & terminals burnt out.

You should be able to carefully prize open the relay open with a knife to check it's OK.

Martin.
Old 18-Sep-2004, 20:46
Big Twin

Mood: happy bike passed MOT
spyball alarms are now manufactured by COBRA any spyball authorised dealer should have contacts etc
Old 20-Sep-2004, 12:44
Mille

Mood: Need to get out
Had the bike looked at Veloce they have bypassed the alarm at the moment just so i could get out for ride ,but they said that the alarm was dead and the battery back up which is sealed in it has had it .I will try cobra and check with then thanks.