Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 10-Jul-2009, 12:11
Mille

33Bhp restrictors Help

Can anyone help my son has purchased a 1994 Yamaha FZR600 and we need to restrict it, does anybody know where I get a set of restricting washers for the 1994-5 Yamaha FZR600 or Thundercat. Alternately does any body have a set they do not need any more, or kindly measure them for me so I can make some. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-Jul-2009, 12:59
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz ST2
Can anyone help my son has purchased a 1994 Yamaha FZR600 and we need to restrict it, does anybody know where I get a set of restricting washers for the 1994-5 Yamaha FZR600 or Thundercat. Alternately does any body have a set they do not need any more, or kindly measure them for me so I can make some. Any help would be appreciated.

You need to be carefull on this. My son bought a ZX6R and the only way we could restrict it and satisfy the insurance was if we had a certificate from a dealer saying that it had been fitted properly.

I think the cost of the kit and fitting was over £200, so we put that money towards a couple of days training and his test (which you can take on a full power bike), he passed problem solved.

Ok he was over 21 so could therefore do direct access which was easier.