Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 12-Jul-2011, 14:04
Mille

New boy

I'm Steve, and I ride an S2R1000 at the moment (sounds like an into at Ducati anonymous!). I'm pretty active on UKMOC, and sometimes on Ducatisti, but after doing a couple of trackdays I'm considering the DD series. Now, I'm not very fast, and most of my 4/5 years of riding have been around London so I'm not experienced in track/knee down shenanigans.

I don't have anywhere to store a DD bike at the moment, so I'm trying to get involved in the forum, maybe attend a race day or two, and do a few more track days/California Superbike School etc to get myself ready. I'm trying to move into a house with a garage which would then mean I can buy and fettle with a DD bike. I'm no mechanic, but can do a basic service and bolt on parts so I can at least get my hands dirty.

Anyway, if there are cheap bikes going I may join in sooner, but at the moment I'm in the "pending" camp. I know people run in DD without a garage etc, but I'm in a 1 bed flat, and simply have no room to do any work on a bike at the moment.

Anyway, that's me. Hope to meet some of you soon…

Steve
Old 12-Jul-2011, 15:57
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum m8, DD is a fantastic way to get into racing, you dont need to be fast that comes with experence i found racing in DD i learned more than i ever did doing trackdays. pop along to one of our race days have a chat with the lads, its like one big family everyone willing to lend a hand and give advice.

Paul.
Old 12-Jul-2011, 17:21
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionicle
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum m8, DD is a fantastic way to get into racing, you dont need to be fast that comes with experence i found racing in DD i learned more than i ever did doing trackdays. pop along to one of our race days have a chat with the lads, its like one big family everyone willing to lend a hand and give advice.

Paul.

+1 to what Paul said altho' I did answer your post on Ducatisti.
Old 12-Jul-2011, 18:26
500SD
Bikes: Class A 620ssie #71 - 853 R/RS Dry - 748sp Wet

Mood: Green with envy
As Paul said,

and Ghostie is great grand father Phil........
Old 12-Jul-2011, 19:48
Big Twin

You won't regret it at all, best thing I ever did with a bike.
I think we both did the UKMOC Mallory TD this month?
Old 12-Jul-2011, 19:55
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Welcome Steve, DD is a great way of starting racing, you will enjopy it. There is a Ducati only trackday at Cadwell on the 23rd of this month (a Saturday, if your close enough pop along, as Bionicle will have his DD bike there and I have no doubt there will be a few others as well, or even book the track day

Chris