Ducati Sporting Club UK
Rideouts, Meets and other Events
Details of various meetings, rideouts and events that are not Ducati specific.

Old 05-May-2011, 17:50
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 848spence
Just trying to find one at the right price really. You dont know of anyone with race prepped bike for sale do you? looked in dd section.

there must be someone with one, there are a few out there

I'll ask about....

Can we take the politics elsewhere please; just want to do a trcakday with new and old mates and have a good couple of days
Old 05-May-2011, 19:00
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray
IMHO dates should be released as soon as they are known, are DUK that unsure of the pull of their event that they want to keep information about another under wraps?

Unfortunately in this situation, we (the DSC) are the small fry in the situation! We have to remember when to speak up and when to STFU!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 05-May-2011, 20:29
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
Unfortunately in this situation, we (the DSC) are the small fry in the situation! We have to remember when to speak up and when to STFU!

Am I correct in saying that the Monster Owners Club trackday is in the public domain ?!

Sorry Paul I'll get me coat

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders
Old 05-May-2011, 22:05
Ducati Corse

Guys,If Ant already has a date provisonally sorted, Why not wait two weeks until after the DUK thing at Silverstone and then when he can release the date and location,decide if it's what you want or whether you want to do your own thing? I appreciate that you are desperate to get on track,but it does seem a bit like it's undermining Ants work for a DSC trackday.Also,in the current financial climate,if your proposed get together and the DSC trackday are close,there is no way alot of people will be able to find the money.

I am going to wait and I think the decent thing would be for you to,also.But that's just my opinion!
Old 05-May-2011, 22:54
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
I am going to wait and I think the decent thing would be for you to,also.But that's just my opinion!

Jasper, absolutley agree with waiting if you like, I said so at the beginning.

No disrespect to the DSC or anyone at the top (and I said politics elesewhere!!) but...how many times have we had a promise which either hasn't materialised or no where near on time or, dare I say, been so lacking in detail that we need a freindly local dealer to bail it out

I need to book leave; my mates who want to do a 2 day track day need to book leave; NL are happy to accomodate a few of us and offer us a discount too, and we like NL

This is the motiovation for us doing a trackday ourselves if this place was busier, it would be lost in the noise of all the other things going on. I have also exchanged messages with Ozz on ISC (where I am not excatoly that welcome ) and asked what they are doing as a fair number of old mates are on there these days not here of FB

I have had the debate locally whether it could scupper anything DUK are doing; and disagree it could. A £500 event designed for new bike owners and a certain rider/customer is not the same as a DSC trackday. Who pays the subs? DUK?! Sorry, can see both sides but belive there to be no reason why an announcement, if there is one, couldnt have come weeks or even months ago.

So, as about 20 are up for it, I shall be booking Monday and letting Mark know the names or those who have said yes. TBH it would be great to see a load of the old DSC guys (incl you Jasp obviously) but this started as a day discussed at loomies on a Weds night

happy riding and back to the thread....
Old 05-May-2011, 23:49
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Paul, Can you please wait a few weeks, as Ant has said we have our hands tied and can not announce anything till after the DUK event.

Chris
Old 06-May-2011, 00:21
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
I have been holding back on this one, i can see both sides of the argument, Paul we have been M8s for a while now and this is no disrespect to you m8 it just seems to me to be going off at a tangent, i did a cadwell track day last thursday along with another m8 and DSC member but i never tried to encourage other DSC members to come along maybe i should have i dont know.

There has been a hell of a lot of bridge building that has been going on in the back ground as far as the DSC is concerned as i am sure you are aware, without the DSC would there even have been a DSC DD shedual this year ?

I have nothing against people sorting a track day nor do i think do any of the present DSC members team, but if it conflicts with a proposed DSC event then i can understand Ants comment earler on in this thread.

Personaly i dont like taking my 996 or my Bayliss out on track with a load of Jap bikes with riders who seem to think of a Ducati as a target rather than another rider enjoying a safe day on track, i used to love the DSC trackdays mainly because everyone was on a Ducati and showed respect when passing etc after all no one wants to bin a cherished road bike, or their DD bike for that matter, and as you know i even used to travel all the way from Denmark just to participate. So for me i think i would rather wait and see what the DSC team have in the pipe line before putting my name down.

As i said this is no reflection on you or your efforts to get a group of like minded guys together what concerns me is if what the team have in mind could fall flat on its face if its for the weekend after and people have just had a one or two day track day, these people will more than likely through budget constraints not be able to attend a DSC organised event, as far as i am aware other Ducati related sights often have trackdays and encourage friends etc to attend but at the end of the day these are just normal track days anyone can attend, i first joined the club for the "exclutisity" (most likely spelt wrong) of attending DSC related trackdays and events, this lead to me joining DD after having sponserd a few guys for a number of years.

For this club to grow it needs that exclutisity (spelt wrong again no doubt) and while for now i may be a member of the new Membership team, this in no way reflects my point of view on how i feel about this, i would feel the same way if i were just a member, again no disrespect to you m8 but this club has benifited you, not only from the DD racing but also a platform for you to propose this event.

Your enthusiasum is to be comended, maybe you should join the membership team and help the club grow, but to be honest have you considderd the impications of organising a track day event when you are aware that a club one is in the pipe line and that there could be a clash of interests.

As i said this is just my view, the old guard may have just deleted your posts as a conflict of interests thats why i joined the present team, to see that the old ways were buried and that everything was above board.

I hope that all goes well with your proposed event, i just hope that it does not conflict or deter members from joining a DSC organised track day, i dont know the details myself yet but i for one am going to wait and see what is proposed before comitting myself to another venue.

Paul
Old 06-May-2011, 01:14
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionicle
I have been holding back on this one etc etc Paul

many peolpe I dont see that regularly, and some onkly communicate thru looking here even if not posting.

Understand the sentiment but if you or anyone really thinks me speaking with a few mates, and only 20 spaces remember, is going to scupper anything the DSC are organising you need to look at the DSC not me

TBH I take offence at the clear suggestion several times now that I have done this for an alternative aim; sheer bollox. If DSC team are too slow to react to the member needs we'll do our own thing. Its May. Another few weeks it will be June. Someone remind me who's club this is and who pays the subscriptions?!

A quick google seems only we have this restriction then....funny how other clubs have been working on and announced months ago...even on DUK website

http://www.ducatiuk.com/news/uk_mons.../1950/index.do

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=39813

fact is, I HAVE to book time off in advance, I have racing weekends and days committed and others have similar. I want to do Cadwell, and I want to do it with as many mates as possible; the fun is as much off as on the track. End of.

But I guess when the DSC fail to get the numbers or fail to get anything sorted they now have a ready made scape goat coz I dared to 'take' in oothers words those who would have attended. Laughable. Really is laughable.

I wioll stop typing nmow as I am right ****ed off by this. And any more and friendships could be broken.

I'll post on FB, probably ISC too thru Mike or Dave and my MATES who are going will be booking, so anyone who does fancy it call NL direct and book, mention my name/the block booking and you should get the 10%. I will email Mark with the names I have so far.

see you all at Anglesey, those that go.
Old 06-May-2011, 01:55
500SD

Same old dsc
Old 06-May-2011, 10:18
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Bradders, don't worry, I see your point entirely and respect it: you want to do a trackday asap so you've organised one - more power to your elbow! My concern was that your efforts would be seen as an alternative to the "yet to be announced" DSC day, and with money being tight for everyone at the moment it would be a choice of your trackday or the DSC one.

As Roy pointed out, this is a forum for the club and if you want to get some mates together to go on a trackday then we're (the DSC) happy to provide the website for you to do that.

It's fair to say that there has been a lot of effort put into running the DSC by the MT and we have endured nothing but abuse and sniping from certain quarters, and it often feels like everything we do is wasted. Emotions run high whenever our efforts are undermined and I think sometimes that certain people don't realise how even a minor flippant remark or dig can really question why we do this - all for nowt! I even paid my membership renewal fee this month, and I'm the bloody chairman and the club owes me quite a chunk of money as well as countless hours of my spare time that I won't get back!

However, I am very proud to say that I have delivered on nearly every single point of my original statement about turning the club around (and there's still more to come yet!) with the help of the team around me. The fact that the club still exists, you guys are racing in DD again this year, the website is still here, you got a Pronto on your doormat (with another being created), we have our DDOC membership renewed, we did a factory trip, we are organising a track day ... so please forgive the occaisional outburst when it appears all this effort is for nought!

Looking at the dates you have it shouldn't be an issue with what we have planned, so please continue and let's all get back to enjoying this glorious weather!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!