Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 22-Mar-2006, 17:12
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
MOT recommendation in Kent (Bromley area)

I need to get my 749 MOT'd. Can anybody recommend anywhere in the Bromley area. Termi-friendly would be a distinct advantage.

Cheers
Old 22-Mar-2006, 17:23
GTL

The only two places I know are Watling Tyres in Catford and BAT Motorcycles on the Biggin Hill Airport Industrial estate. I used to get my Firestorm done at Catford, and they were always pretty good at doing a "while you wait" service. Never had any after market pipes on it, so can't comment on Termi-friendlyness.

On the downside, some of the clientele was a little shady to say the least, and I didn't fancy anyone taking a fancy to my 996r and doing the DVLC address check thing and paying my garage a nocturnal visit

BAT in Biggin Hill only do a "morning" or "afternoon" time, meaning you might be hanging a round a bit and they also ask that pipes are road legal. Apart from that, they're a friendly bunch (a bloke in the sales area has a 748 and a Monster and used to work for DUK) and you get to look at a bizarre mix of imports in their showroom.

Sorry I've got no termi-freindly recommendations...I couldn't find one when I was looking last month.
Old 22-Mar-2006, 21:08
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Harris
The only two places I know are Watling Tyres in Catford and BAT Motorcycles on the Biggin Hill Airport Industrial estate. I used to get my Firestorm done at Catford, and they were always pretty good at doing a "while you wait" service. Never had any after market pipes on it, so can't comment on Termi-friendlyness.

On the downside, some of the clientele was a little shady to say the least, and I didn't fancy anyone taking a fancy to my 996r and doing the DVLC address check thing and paying my garage a nocturnal visit

BAT in Biggin Hill only do a "morning" or "afternoon" time, meaning you might be hanging a round a bit and they also ask that pipes are road legal. Apart from that, they're a friendly bunch (a bloke in the sales area has a 748 and a Monster and used to work for DUK) and you get to look at a bizarre mix of imports in their showroom.

Sorry I've got no termi-freindly recommendations...I couldn't find one when I was looking last month.

Thanks Ian,

The Termi isn't stamped 'not for road use', so I'm hoping they'll let it slide as it's a real pain .i.t.a. to swap back to the standard can.

Cheers,
Lee
Old 23-Mar-2006, 18:38
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Try Greyhound Motors at West Croydon, nice guys and they will do it while you waite if you ask them when you book it in. I had no problems with my pipes.
Old 23-Mar-2006, 20:24
GTL

Quote:
Originally posted by rcgbob44
Try Greyhound Motors at West Croydon, nice guys and they will do it while you waite if you ask them when you book it in. I had no problems with my pipes.

Probably worth a trip to Croydon, I reckon Watling Tyres in Catford are a 50:50 bet to pass Termis and BAT are a definite fail, going by my conversations with them.