Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 12-Oct-2006, 12:29
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I genuinely want to see the issues sorted.

Paul James
Tony Perrin
Old 12-Oct-2006, 12:30
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
I think Phil hit the nail on the head up there ^^^ Most of us don't actually have a clue about what the problem is so not certain I would want to attend a meeting to discuss something i don't know. On the other hand, i don't want to see DD or the DSC go pear shaped and I have a lot of respect for the racers, the people trying to organise one way or another as well as the general DSC.

How about a list of what the key issues are, what the official approach to resolving these should be and then a REAL approach to resolving them **

If they cannot be resolved for a genuine reason then all parties agree to let them lie and get on with the racing.

It is perfectly possible to do this in an adult and open manner within the DD section of this forum or the alternative DD forum.

One single thread that 'could' be moderated by a non involved individual to ensure that it does not get out of hand and there is no personal issues brought up. It could even be managed initially with the racers/others being allowed to send their comments/issues to the nominated individual then collated and posted for all to review before discussion is underway. This would allow the individual to go back to others for questioing or clarity of a point make sure it is unambiguous when posted.

**(without resorting to slanderous comments against individuals)
Old 12-Oct-2006, 12:30
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv748
Absolutley 100%...

I can see two clear issues that need resolving here.

One is the fact that the DD participants clearly have issues with the RC and MT. What/why/right or wrong...I don't really give a **** as I don't race in the series. As far as I am concerned the DD'ers themselves and the MT/RC need to thrash this out AMONG THEMSELVES...go do that somewher else, not here.

The second is regards the public posting of dirty washing amonst racers etc...again, its just dones't need to be on here. What ever happened to someone picking up the frigin' telephone and just sorting it out! But ultimately, again, it needs to be sorted out amonst yourselves...not on here.

Simple really.

So who is going to grab the baton and sort ou the issues in point 1? And by that I mean not bleat more and more, but actually arrnage a meeting, take a vote, lobby for change...whatever is needed, but get some wheels in motion.

I've been through the correct channels and got belittled, condescended to etc etc ... I'm not going to put up with that.

But, I'm not going to press this any further. Paul is setting up a meeting, and I'll be there.

TP
Old 12-Oct-2006, 12:36
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily
I think Phil hit the nail on the head up there ^^^ Most of us don't actually have a clue about what the problem is so not certain I would want to attend a meeting to discuss something i don't know. On the other hand, i don't want to see DD or the DSC go pear shaped and I have a lot of respect for the racers, the people trying to organise one way or another as well as the general DSC.

How about a list of what the key issues are, what the official approach to resolving these should be and then a REAL approach to resolving them **

If they cannot be resolved for a genuine reason then all parties agree to let them lie and get on with the racing.

It is perfectly possible to do this in an adult and open manner within the DD section of this forum or the alternative DD forum.

One single thread that 'could' be moderated by a non involved individual to ensure that it does not get out of hand and there is no personal issues brought up. It could even be managed initially with the racers/others being allowed to send their comments/issues to the nominated individual then collated and posted for all to review before discussion is underway. This would allow the individual to go back to others for questioing or clarity of a point make sure it is unambiguous when posted.

**(without resorting to slanderous comments against individuals)

Great concept in an ideal world Lily but not everyone who has an opinion uses the forum, nor should they have to just to make their opinions known. Face to face has to be the best way, anybody with enough interest to try and improve things for the benefit of the next season won't mind coming to a meeting to sort it IMHO. It gives everyone an equal chance.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 12:39
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Paul James
Tony Perrin
dickie
Old 12-Oct-2006, 12:49
500SD

Paul James
Tony Perrin
dickie
Rally
Old 12-Oct-2006, 12:58
500SD

Actually PJ, I think you should start a new thread for meeting attendees. The title (and contents) of this one is likely to deter some interested parties from seeing the list.

(edit)

And I think there should be an publicised agenda for the meeting that is put forward by the members and moderated by an interested party who is not a member of the RC or MT.

Last edited by Rally : 12-Oct-2006 at 13:00.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 13:04
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally
Actually PJ, I think you should start a new thread for meeting attendees. The title (and contents) of this one is likely to deter some interested parties from seeing the list.

(edit)

And I think there should be an publicised agenda for the meeting that is put forward by the members and moderated by an interested party who is not a member of the RC or MT.

We can publish an agenda if people want to email in their requirements, we just don't need to keep the arguing in open forum if we have a perfectly reasonable alternative.

Take your point and will do what you suggest but the main way of putting this idea out to ALL the members who may be interested is via Pronto. May have a chance of getting it in to the next issue if I get on to Ian right now.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 13:07
500SD

Quote:

(edit) And the meeting Chaired by an interested party who is not a member of the RC or MT.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 13:07
MotoGP God

Quote:

Excellent idea, I hope that actually transpires.