Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 05-Aug-2009, 22:51
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Castle Doom trackday today

I did Castle Doom today with Nick B on his R. First time on the track for me. The DD bike failed the noise test coming in at 107db @ making me rev it to massive 7.5k. Nick B failed his Ducati 996 fitted with wets as well with baffells in aslo 107db. His mate on a Mille failed by getting a 109db. Soon sorted for me by putting in my baffels which gave me 102db. Nick swapped to his R6 with shitty slick-ish tyres which passed with 102db also. So be warned if your going to do some DD pratice there Wed before the race, take some baffels just in case their strict.
First session was a minger wet one and to honest I'll be dammed if I'll race that in the wet. As you come into the start straight they have fresh painted car spot white lines. They are massive long and thick and step your back wheel out in the wet. I see what people mean now by bumpy... Second session NickB took #34 out and he rode it round like a pussy in the wet as well
Just before lunch the track dried out really quickly and then we could get some decent laps in, really enjoyed each session all be it thay are short ( 15min ) I dont think I have learnt that track by far just doing that 1 day, its more than I thought and my. I have watched every DD there as a spectator, and all I can say is...respect..
Anyways.. couple of pics I bought from the photo guy there today.

Craig
Old 05-Aug-2009, 23:15
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Damn, that place is slippery when wet!
A fun day for me so I took the 996 with wets and the R6 with Supercorsa bsb's. 996 failed noise, despite being very baffled, so had to take the Yam out in the wet with the SC's on. Both wheels sideways everywhere, even on the sighting laps!

Hot and bone dry by lunch time and for the rest of the day. Now the SC's are showing what they can do... Brilliant tyres, one easily controllable slide on the left on the first cold tyre lap, but by lap 2 they were up to temp and it was knee down time!

Took #34 out for a session just to bring back some loving memories. The track was still wet for this one and I had a big slide getting on the gas outa the last corner... caught off guard really, but it was such a smooth slide it just looked like a really cool power drift!!!

Really chuffed with the R6, it's an absolute rocket when it's singing from the top half of the rev range, and the bumps didn't bother it at all, just rode through them with a hand full of throttle. Forks need a bit of setting up though - 151mph on the clock before braking for quarry saw the back wheel airborne, as it did many times, and powering out the bends had the front off the deck just a bit.

Great day, only my second track day of the year so I'm knackered. And I burned my hands

Happy days!
Old 05-Aug-2009, 23:38
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
You got an R6 eh, how old etc?
Old 05-Aug-2009, 23:54
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Same one you asked me about before Mr P!

54 plate, grey, bought it with a bust engine case (among other things) for pocket change and spent a year fixing it up. Well worth it, don't want to sell it now even though it has the usual flaws of jap bikes, i.e. no character, but it's one hell of a track tool!
Old 06-Aug-2009, 00:20
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
lovely style Craig, looking 'old slipper' comfy now mate
Old 06-Aug-2009, 00:42
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996
Same one you asked me about before Mr P!

54 plate, grey, bought it with a bust engine case (among other things) for pocket change and spent a year fixing it up. Well worth it, don't want to sell it now even though it has the usual flaws of jap bikes, i.e. no character, but it's one hell of a track tool!

God I've got a rubbish memory!

They can certainly be a weapon the R6's.
Old 06-Aug-2009, 02:09
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Crackin pics Craig, I've booked the Weds jobbie. So battle between us can resume. If you had mirrors at the gooseneck you would have peeeeed yourself. I got on your back wheel but couldn't make the left took to the grass and rejoined at Mansfield, costing me 10 seconds on you.

That was the 3rd time of doing that over the weekend, same place in three races.

Marshalls applauded the caberet well tho'
Old 06-Aug-2009, 10:57
Bevel Head
Bikes: DD#73 & FirebladeCBR1000RR

Mood: Mizu-no-kokoro
Looking real good there Craig. Track sounds better than i thought. See ya there.
Old 06-Aug-2009, 11:28
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
CC is a great track and there's always a good feeling around when DD racing at CC. Not really sure why it is, it just feels like a friendly circuit, it doesn't have the size or credibility of the Donnys or Oultons, but it has real character and a fast track to test all levels of your riding.

It was really missed when we didn't do it one (last?) year.

Enjoy.

p.s. - Looking very stylish Craig, just sort those starts out!!!

Last edited by Rattler : 06-Aug-2009 at 11:36.
Old 06-Aug-2009, 20:31
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
F1

I think they used to do F1 there! a long long time ago.

I wonder if they past the sound test

I live 8 miles as the crow flies from Brands Hatch and we could hear them from home when they were there. but I don't remember anybody complaining.

Last edited by mat2hew : 06-Aug-2009 at 20:36.