Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 03-Sep-2013, 22:56
DSC Club Member
Mille

Smile What A Laugh That Was !!

Well after my cadwell highside and the ensuing carnage,both kim and myself had some quite emotional talks,the outcome being that my racing days (or hospital tours!!!) have come to an end.the one at oulton followed by cadwell was one crash too much for my broken shoulders ,i had to take into account my family worrying my job and poor Trudi waiting for her flock to come back from various medical centres!!.
My time with dd has been truly inspirational it gave me the chance to get on a race bike and learn the craft,it inspired me to get fit after my triple by pass ,and most of all with all the racers ,the wilcox gang,so many racers and wives and family that are always there to make such a special paddock and racing family.
the biggest thanks as always is to Kim ,Robert and Penny but a sincere thanks to every one in our racing world,its really been a laugh.I will be around so be safe and ride it like you stole it !!
TARA A BIT
oh and i have some ace footage of me and the andys and jim,scott et al battling i will edit and post asap but it may have to be via you tube.
meanwhile i am off to try something far safer,javelin catching !!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-Sep-2013, 23:07
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Ahhh Dave that would bring a tear to a glass eye. I remember our first race at Donny, well it seemed like racing, we have progressed a bit since.

You will be missed, keep in touch buddy. It must have been a hard decision influenced by:- IF YOU GET ON THAT FKIN BIKE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-Sep-2013, 23:40
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Dave its been great having you and the family as part of DD and i have enjoyed battling with you out on track a few times. It has been worrying watching you dismount a few to many times and although it will be sad not to see you out on track its not anywhere as sad as seeing you laid out on the tarmac.

Look forward to seeing you around the paddock though

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 04-Sep-2013, 01:16
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Well done Dave. Shame but right decision I believe. Had some good dices with you ( remembering Mallory 2011 I think it was ? ) where you sneaked up behind me through the bus stop on the last lap and took me good and proper
Been fun racing with you and fun watching you.

Craig
Old 04-Sep-2013, 06:24
Montjuic

Well Dave thank God for that,it saves me getting a SMACK off Kim for one of my predictions. I am sure i can say all at DD agree you have done it for all the right reasons. Myself & all the Wilcock team wish you & familly safer times Rodders.
Old 04-Sep-2013, 07:31
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Dave, the decision to stop racing is hard, I know, like you said, lot's of variables and emotions to think about. I hope that you will still be coming to DD meetings or even running your own team as I am sure I heard kim say she could ride faster than you .

Chris
Old 04-Sep-2013, 08:20
500SD
Bikes: Honda CB350 K4, Ducati 749s

My right boot is very happy about your decision!! Hall bends just won't be the same without you!
Old 04-Sep-2013, 11:13
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
One of the saddest threads I've read fella.
You've been one of the constants since I've been racing, we moved on together and had a ball. Always been fun, close and generally safe with a beer and a laugh about it after. Swapping paint and stealing tyre rubber with boots, it's all been a blast and I'm gonna miss you out there. My last racing memory of you is a typical stupid Brummy one, a 2 fingered salute as you got level goin over Cadwell's start/finish line and it's quite flattering that your last moment was trying to make a move on me.
Anyway, enough sentimental crap. Get yourself fixed up proper and see you at a meet again you pillock.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 04-Sep-2013, 11:50

Dave,

Sad news but understanable ....

My best 'Brummy Dave' memoary was in the collecting area at Cadwell last year when you got off the bike and fixed a problem with the carb with a yard brush whilst still holding up the bike ... Magic I PMSL !!

Best of Luck

Tom
Old 04-Sep-2013, 13:04
Bikes: gsx750f

Mood: Happy as a pig in s#@t
Quote:
Originally Posted by yendor
Well Dave thank God for that,it saves me getting a SMACK off Kim for one of my predictions. I am sure i can say all at DD agree you have done it for all the right reasons. Myself & all the Wilcock team wish you & familly safer times Rodders.

Well dave as jnr part of ghost team really going to miss ur dry sense of humour I dont think anyone else can deliver a joke like you. From the start of a race weekend to the end of it you always had a smile on your face even in the back of an ambulance.

P.s as I hope to be racing myself next season so a ghost 2 bike team is hopeful we are on the lookout for a new pit bit#$ if you free

All the best to you and ur clan Dean