Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Sep-2005, 21:16

Mood: CHILLED !!
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE GUYS ! AS I SAID I WILL POST THE DIAGNOSIS AS SOON AS KNOWN !
Old 24-Sep-2005, 14:18
Big Twin

Italia (Steve) stepped up to the plate and got me in the workshop at very short notice. He found that the ECU was not giving a spark on the front cylinder, which actually gave the misinformation on the error diagnostics that the "horiz coil short to earth".

Unfortunately Ducati UK do not have any ECUs in so heaven knows when that would come in. I opted to have the original std ECU refitted which Steve was happy to do, and I have arranged to have a Power Commander III fitted next Friday. Good deal on that I reckon, with an option to have a custom map done on the dyno for £88 extra.

As it stands, by bike is back on the road and running well, with the Asymetric Termi and std ECU, tweaked to give fairly good readings for the can. Just not going to spank it until I have the PC on.

Big thanks to Italia for their flexibility in getting me back on the road, and also a big thanks to Nelly for taking time to chat to me about PCs, ECUs etc. If it's any consolation Nelly, my mate with the 916 is definately going to have it fettled by you, so you can look forward to a day out (or 2) down to Wiltshire to fetch it.
Old 24-Sep-2005, 14:32
500SD

Mood: 2 for 1 mmm :)
Quote:
Originally posted by HW
Italia (Steve) stepped up to the plate and got me in the workshop at very short notice. He found that the ECU was not giving a spark on the front cylinder, which actually gave the misinformation on the error diagnostics that the "horiz coil short to earth".

Unfortunately Ducati UK do not have any ECUs in so heaven knows when that would come in. I opted to have the original std ECU refitted which Steve was happy to do, and I have arranged to have a Power Commander III fitted next Friday. Good deal on that I reckon, with an option to have a custom map done on the dyno for £88 extra.

As it stands, by bike is back on the road and running well, with the Asymetric Termi and std ECU, tweaked to give fairly good readings for the can. Just not going to spank it until I have the PC on.

Big thanks to Italia for their flexibility in getting me back on the road, and also a big thanks to Nelly for taking time to chat to me about PCs, ECUs etc. If it's any consolation Nelly, my mate with the 916 is definately going to have it fettled by you, so you can look forward to a day out (or 2) down to Wiltshire to fetch it.

Hmm this is good to know, Cheers HW !!

/ian
Old 03-Oct-2005, 22:56

Mood: CHILLED !!
Hi guys - the good news is that my 999R running problem was apparently a fuelling issue with it suddenly running extremely rich !!
(like a pile of s**t !)

Hats off to the boys at 3X Mcycles - they fixed it and it runs fine now !

It also had to have the safety recall check on the oil cooler ! - if you've got one with a KTM cooler - make sure you get it checked !!
Old 03-Oct-2005, 23:16
Big Twin

That's a result then - and still some fine autumn weather left too.

Old 06-May-2008, 17:19
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIIIKYL
Hi guys - the good news is that my 999R running problem was apparently a fuelling issue with it suddenly running extremely rich !!
(like a pile of s**t !)

Hats off to the boys at 3X Mcycles - they fixed it and it runs fine now !

It also had to have the safety recall check on the oil cooler ! - if you've got one with a KTM cooler - make sure you get it checked !!

Bit of a thread revial!

Just got what i think is a coil issue (1 cylinder ecu light) and also spotted this in the middle of this thread whilst searching... Do you know what 3x did to your bike to cure the fuelling?

Mine has been serviced (inc new fuel filter, old one virtually blocked!) and has not been running well since!
Bike has PC and the guess is that there is too much fuel getting through now!?
Race ecu faulty (variable rev limit/power) so was set up with standard ecu. Currently running with PC taken off and race ecu put in.