Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 06-Jan-2011, 18:42
Big Twin

F***in ell Ron. what you drinkin at the mo.
Old 06-Jan-2011, 18:52
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 848 Evo ‘Pikes Peak’, 748S, 200 Single

I wasn't going to spend all day working out permutations and combinations.

Thanks for the effort Ron!!

Bring on the real figures...
Old 06-Jan-2011, 19:00
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

It's not what I'm drinking... It is that I'm not racing and everything at work is under control. Plus, "outsiders" nip in here to see what is going on that could well be put off by guesses that it will be so much more this year.... News that could well put them off of joining us. I figure it would be a shame if that happened, so like to try to level the argument with a little common sense. Of course, my guestimates could also be out, but my point is there is no point nedlessly scaring people off or moaning about things we are not even sure of ourselves. So, come on Race Comittee... We are chomping.
Old 06-Jan-2011, 19:01
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull

Bring on the real figures...
No.... Bring on the racing!
Old 06-Jan-2011, 20:05
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley
No.... Bring on the racing!

I'm with you JD.
I want to but some tyres, send off some entry forms and race.
Old 06-Jan-2011, 21:38
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
ar - coffee smell everywhere....think you will find that will be the cost; why would the same track time and races be cheaper for us?!
Old 06-Jan-2011, 22:13
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
ar - coffee smell everywhere....think you will find that will be the cost; why would the same track time and races be cheaper for us?!
You can't have it both ways.... you are quoting £235 as being expensive.... If it is £235, then that is cheaper than the £250 we were paying last year for 2 days... and we get more time this year. I know we don't know it is £235, but people are quoting it and using to display how much more next year will be. The simple fact is that £235 in the example of our 2 day races would actually be cheaper...... so which is it? is £235 cheaper or more expensive for a 2 day race?
Old 06-Jan-2011, 22:30
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley
You can't have it both ways.... you are quoting £235 as being expensive.... If it is £235, then that is cheaper than the £250 we were paying last year for 2 days... and we get more time this year. I know we don't know it is £235, but people are quoting it and using to display how much more next year will be. The simple fact is that £235 in the example of our 2 day races would actually be cheaper...... so which is it? is £235 cheaper or more expensive for a 2 day race?

never said i could. Personally, looks reasonable value to me if the plan was to do every race, ie both days. For me this year it is. What I was saying is there wont be a choice; guess what, no choice so more expnesive.

they havent quoted a price for 1 day yet, or said its onot the 2 day race meet price; just published one price.

but agree; final figures arent published yet...oh and bring on the racing
Old 06-Jan-2011, 22:47
Big Twin

No worries. It wasn't anything personal. As I say I'm trying to just balance out the argument until we know. Is every off season this frustrating?
Old 06-Jan-2011, 23:08
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
DD entry Costs for Hottrax events

One day events - Brands, Mallory, Oulton - £200 entry for whch we are allocated 90 minutes of track time. made up of untimed practice, Timed Practice and two races.

Two day events with 2 races - Pembrey - Snetterton - £220 for which we are allocated 105 minutes of track time, made up of untimed & timed practice along with one race on Saturday, then a warmup / untimed practice session and a race on Sunday

Two day events with 3 races - Angelsey and Cadwell - £235 for which we are allocated 135 minutes of track time made up of untimed & timed practice along with two races on Saturday, then a warmup / untimed practice session and a race on Sunday

We had a very good deal with New Era as they held their prices down for several years and look what it has cost them.
Track hire costs more every year and most clubs now hire tracks for both days of the weekend and need to sell the grid spots on both days to recoup their outlay

For the last few years £125 entry bought 60 mins of DD allocated track time which also meant certain more costly tracks like Oulton were dropped.

£150 entry got you 90 mins of track time across DD and Allcomers.
£250 would get you 120 mins of DD track time across 2 days
£300 could get you 180 mins of DD and Allcomers track time across 2 days

This years costs have already taken into account the rise in VAT and the increase in Track hire fees

You realise the cost of hiring some circuits when you look at the costs of some of the test days. The Friday before the race day at Oulton is £165 to enter the test/trackday, Snetterton is £125.

Hopefully the extra tracktime this year will help some save on the cost of test days as well as reducing the need to enter another class.

Kev

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook