Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 06-Sep-2011, 01:54
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by 955SP
No disrespect intended to anyone

Quote:
With the rules and point system that was set out clearly earlier this year it looks like The Dentist shall rightly reign supreme. I am not trying to contest this because I made a decision to pursue the main championship at the risk of losing the novice if I crashed out but perhaps it might be something to look at next year.
[/quote]

Quote:
I worked this out early on in the year that I would risk losing the novice cup so again I say that Im not trying to alter the inevitable outcome just a thought for next year.

Bradders think if you bothered to actually read my posts I might have already done just that.

Also dont try and stick it to me pal. You dont have a fking clue about my financial situation and it sure as fk is none of your business how many sets of tyres I use or not. I change them when they are getting worn... would it be better if I run the worn ones with how hard I push in bends? I think surely that would cost me more in repairs!
Perhaps I might go without in other areas of my life in order to spend a bit more racing? Last time I checked I didnt have a road bike... I see you only just put the Multi up for sale.
Perhaps my bike lives outside chained to a wall cause I cant afford to rent a garage? Perhaps I have had to miss most of the practice days this year because of trying to keep my business going.

You are quick to forget that it was me that was defended your effort in the Sunday race at Pembrey when others talked it down.

Last edited by Simps : 09-Sep-2011 at 09:38.
Old 06-Sep-2011, 09:00
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
mate, wasn't digging at anything anyone spends, in fact I was trying to purposely NOT by saying about tyres etc. Some spend lots coz they can, some spend lots when they cant, some choose not to or cant. Life is tough

And this isn't about me Hugh; this is about a guy who has been riding for years who had a go at racing and did his best. And your post, which I read, re read then read again, while talking about you and not having a go at Phil, doesn't change the fact that you were derisory about his performance in passing.

this isn't about keyboard warrior status; we know each other and having met you in person I'd be amazed to read the arrogance that comes thru in a couple of your posts. But hey, you have to have confidence to win, that's one of the key requirements, but not as someone's else's expense eh.

And as often said, opinions are like areseholes, we all have them

Communication is in what is understood, not what is said, in that way I've ****ed you off coz you've misunderstood my comment and you've ****ed me off coz in my mind you are being very disingenuous to a good mate of mine. Pub arguments
Old 06-Sep-2011, 10:01
MotoGP God

Anyway enough of argueing bollix back on thread please

Forgive the ramblings of a 41 year old fat boy...I still struggle believing this year. In no way did I think I'd do as well as I have.

I started with a few gaols and couple of aims. Goals were top 10 or 50% of starters and to get close enough to race senna and goastie and by the ernd of the year have beaten them once.

Surpassed my aims by a living mile, and have been flattered and a little embarrassed by some of the positive comments I've had.

Roll on 2012
Old 06-Sep-2011, 10:07
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders

Forgive the ramblings of a 41 year old fat boy...I still struggle believing this year. In no way did I think I'd do as well as I have.

I started with a few gaols and couple of aims. Goals were top 10 or 50% of starters and to get close enough to race senna and goastie and by the ernd of the year have beaten them once.

Surpassed my aims by a living mile, and have been flattered and a little embarrassed by some of the positive comments I've had.

Roll on 2012

Plus 1 to all that Paul. You should be rightly pleased with yourself.
Old 06-Sep-2011, 10:09
500SD

Quote:
The problem of having seperate points table is that it means that you have to just focus on one or the other. If I focussed on the novice championship I would not have to push so much and would likely have been able to keep it sunny side up all year but that would be useless for the actual championship.

Last year one of the points made was that if a novice turns up and is running at the front picking up say 20 points then the next novice picks up a mere 5 points then the novice championship will be wrapped up quickly. Maybe for next year bonus points for novices who achieve a podium may balance that out??

Dont think it detracts from what you have achieved this year
Mark
Old 06-Sep-2011, 15:10
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ells
Last year one of the points made was that if a novice turns up and is running at the front picking up say 20 points then the next novice picks up a mere 5 points then the novice championship will be wrapped up quickly. Maybe for next year bonus points for novices who achieve a podium may balance that out??

Dont think it detracts from what you have achieved this year
Mark

+1

best of luck to all at Oulton
Old 06-Sep-2011, 15:39
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders

Roll on 2012

With my bike.
Old 06-Sep-2011, 16:50
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
With my bike.

Old 06-Sep-2011, 19:47
500SD

Mood: ready to race
Well done paul m8 you were as matt would say awsome this year you supprised a lot of people including myself you came from being a back marker to a winner in one season with some fantastic riding some very close racing we all enjoyed racing with you hope you come back next year m8 your a top bloke