Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 18-Jan-2011, 00:20

New Pre-Monster Owner

Hi everyone, I am a new guy in Ducati world but have been somewhat obsessed for many years now!

Looking to pick up a 620 S ie or maybe a an S2R but looking for advice on both bikes, experiences you can share and also recommendations on where to buy from!

Sorry to be so needy but just cant wait to be on the right bike!

Thanks

Last edited by CJP15 : 18-Jan-2011 at 00:59.
Old 18-Jan-2011, 00:40
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Which S2R the 800 or the 1000
Somehow Monsters have crept into my life and my garage, been riding and racing sportsbikes for years and still do but doing more and more miles on the Monsters these days
Currently using my 800 S2R to get around on in the winter while keeping the 1100 Monster away from the salted roads.
My Desmo Due race bike has a 620 Monster engine in it and I also have a 600 Monster.
Best of the lot value for money wise is the 800 S2R

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 18-Jan-2011, 01:02

wow, sounds like your garage is what I want mine to look like one day! If you have pictures of your bikes it would be great to see them

Yep in terms of S2R am thinking the 800, but something I love about the pipes being lower on the 620s excites me too
Old 18-Jan-2011, 01:17
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Can't seem to find an up to date pic of the S2R
It now has a single LeoVince can, decat pipe, hand guards, CRG levers and CRG folding bar end mirrors. Brakes have been uprated to 4-pot calipers and discs are now 320mm diameter, forks are fitted with single rate Ohlins springs and the gearing has been lowered.

A APTC slipper style clutch is standard and top speed is not far off that of the 1100.

Bought cheapish as a low mileage CAT C write off, mainly front end as in forks, wheel and discs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image182.jpg (299.7 KB, 4 views)

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook