Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 02-Aug-2011, 18:38
500SD
Bikes: 999 Mono/1198S

Mood: Messing with diagnostics
Diagnostic Software - Update

Some time ago I posted about a French guy who had developed his own diagnostic software http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ght=diagnostic

Since then there have been quite a few developments. There is now support for the older IAW15, IAW16 and P8 ECU's. The IAW59 and IAW5AM now includes a dump tool to drop the maps out of the ECU. Another guy has developed a piece of software called ECM http://ecmtool.free.fr/ which alllows you to view the map and ignition tables (depending on ECU), compare two maps against each other and modify/ save the map.

For 100 euros the creator of the diagnostic software will license you for a flasher program that allows you to flash maps to the ECU. It also allows you to virginise the IAW5AM and disable the immobiliser on the IAW59. The license is for a single ECU for the IAW5AM's (50 euro for each subsequent ECU) and unlimited on the IAW59's.

I have been getting to grips with the flasher software over the last fortnight on iaw59's and was able to bulid an off bike connector from a damaged 999 loom I had. If anyone wants schematics to do this then PM me.

The diagnostic software still remains free of charge and includes the dump tool.

Last edited by chrisw : 06-Aug-2011 at 12:15.