Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 31-May-2006, 23:34
Ducati Meccanica

Quote "All non DSC members have had their Sig. Blocks removed in the short term, pending a review by the WT & MT "

Does this mean that all dsc ex-members have limited useage of all the board facilities now.
Old 31-May-2006, 23:46
BSB Star

All non members of the club, being members of the actual club have had their Sig Blocks removed. So an ex member or never being a member has no bearing.

In basic, there has been a problem with on mass fourm rule breaking, a reminder for all;

4. Signature Rules

4.1 Size Limits: All signatures are limited to a combination of text and smilies – they should not exceed the following size limits:
Just Text: 8 lines small size or 4 lines size 2 and up to 90 chars per line
( Empty lines are counted as well.)

4.2 Content restrictions You may have a link to your own website or services, but there must be no promotional language like "Best Hosting" or "Cheapest Styles". Paypal and affiliate links are NOT permitted.

4.3 Dynamic scripts linked in signatures that attempt to create cookies in another person's browser are not allowed for security reasons and will be removed.

Until the problem is resolved, this is the situation which is regrettable.
Old 31-May-2006, 23:49
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by A888SP
Quote "All non DSC members have had their Sig. Blocks removed in the short term, pending a review by the WT & MT "

Does this mean that all dsc ex-members have limited useage of all the board facilities now.

There are a few problems that have arisen around sig blocks, a short-term decision has been be made to remove them until resolutions can be found.

This does not alter the functionality of the message board for its users.

Its good that users are continuing to flag the issues to us quickly.

Many Thanks
Old 01-Jun-2006, 08:35
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Quote:
Originally Posted by swannymere
It does'nt 'remember me' when i log in despite having tried every combination i know,also how do we post 'icons' in the actual post.Sorry if i'm being stoopid.

For anyone experiencing this problem, go to your User Settings (top menu bar) and then click on 'Edit Options' (left menu). Scroll to the bottom and choose either Standard or Advanced message editor - the basic editor (which is what everyone starts with) doesn't show smilies.

Eamonn
Old 01-Jun-2006, 08:40
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_h
hit the 'todays posts' button(http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/se...hp?do=getdaily is in the adderss bar)got a page with :<br /><b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 12582912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3 bytes) in <b>Unknown</b> on line <b>0</b><br />

This message indicates your connection to the server is running out of memory. First option is to try logging out and then log in again - this will clear your connection and give you a fresh chunk of memory to use. This problem is not related to your own PC - it is a problem with the server running out of memory.

I'm investigating increasing the memory allocation on the server - hopefully this will resolve both the above error message issue and allow us to allow more simultaneous users thus preventing the 'Server is too busy' messages.
It's a bit 'hit & miss' right now since we're all learning, but the webteam are looking into the various options.

Eamonn.
Old 01-Jun-2006, 08:42
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by twpd
As reported previously, whenever I log in at the homepage using whatever pc at home or at work I get this:

"twpd, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:"

This was a setup error on my part (sorry peeps!) I had forgotten to give non-DSC members access to the home page etc. - quite a major omission...

It should be sorted now, if not let us know!

Eamonn

(PS Thanks Gizmo for the pointer on that one!)
Old 01-Jun-2006, 09:45
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
One quick comment to those with links to images and url's in their sig blocks, as the images don't now show, the image link still does so if anyone clicks it they get taken to your image not the page you want them to see. its probably worth everyone checking their sigs for images and links and making the necessary changes. ( when sigs are up and going again)

Oh and all users have the option to not display sigs/avatars if you don't want to see them, its in your user settings.
Old 01-Jun-2006, 09:46
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanks
All non DSC members have had their Sig. Blocks removed in the short term, pending a review by the WT & MT.

Miserable sods!

Like I said before - after previous experiences as a long-term committee member of another national bike club, these days I avoid joining as a paid up member of bike clubs cos it means I am able to avoid the politics of them.
Old 01-Jun-2006, 09:49
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 12582912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3840 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

I just got this trying to go back a page or two,might make sense to someone but not me.
Old 01-Jun-2006, 09:52
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Ditto. Same for me just now when clicking on "today's posts" from within this thread.