Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 02-Feb-2011, 11:02
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS
Does developing a road bike from motoGP technology lead to an eventual return to WSB with a more up-to-date and competitive bike?

Surely the lessons learnt from the motoGP project have to filter through to road bike development eventually?

Let's hope that whatever they do sees a return to WSB!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 02-Feb-2011, 15:47
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
You still here Andy? I thought you'd got your feet under that table with all your buddies at the ISC these days?

Table? Blimey do you think I am made of money, I am not providing a table....
Old 02-Feb-2011, 15:57
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz
Table? Blimey do you think I am made of money, I am not providing a table....

LOL!

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 23-Apr-2011, 22:30
500SD
Bikes: CBR 600F2-(Ishikawa), Blade RRS-(Baba San), 996s-(Tambo), 996R-(Tambo), MV f1000 312-Tambo

Mood: I like my bike
Down at Motoraaapido today looking at 1198 - 1098's. trying to find out about the new 2012 Superbike, to see when used prices for the 1198 will fall. It will be out, it will be expensive, oversquare, mono ck chassis, gear driven cams. Different engine position. Sounds like a technically simpler Desmosidici with a v twin.
Found this when looking for pictures:

DUCATI C12-R SUPERBIKE CONCEPT Anthony Colard’s

The architecture of the NEW DUCATI C12-R SUPERBIKE CONCEPT has taken several iterations, and absolutely started activity out as the C11-R. The Colard C11-R’s best apparent aberration to its almsman is the GP-style bankrupt the exits both in the lower fairing, and beneath the appendage section. Colard has replaced this bureaucracy in the C12-R with a added acceptable Ducati-esque underseat adjustment with dual-cans.

Accenting both designs are added circuitous and vented anatomy panels. Underneath it all you can see afflatus from the 1098, but Colard’s thoughts assume to be added complex, than the simple Ducati lines. The affect on us is that this looks like an about added complete appearance than the original, and thankfully doesn’t booty the archetypal Ducati curve too far, and into the branch of clutter.

Hopping anon to cede a adobe archetypal of the C12-R, Collard’s final aim is to actualize a bound run of his creations. While he doesn’t appetite to adduce exact achievement specs yet, a 200hp motor isn’t out of the equation. The French artist is abiding of one thing, it will be faster and lighter than the accepted 1198.

The project’s ambition amount is €25,000 for a completed bike, which isn’t that abundant added big-ticket than a abject Ducati 1198 (in Europe at least), but Colard wants to accept a €4,000 kit (fairings and bankrupt only) accessible for accepted 1098/1198 owners to acquirement and transform their machine.

Either this is badly translated or from a parallel universe. Made me laugh.

Also tried a multistrada today. What a great bike. Much better than I thought it would be. Damn fast considering. Little disappointed with 1198, though it did not have an open clutch cover or open cans. Gear change was like jelly, engine powerful but lacks sort of Ducati ooomph. Seat better but still damn hard on the forearms. Is it me or is it that it does not feel taute. More like a Jap bike than a Ducati. It is such a shame Tambo did not stay and create the MV around a desmo v twin. Cleverly re establishes the lineage from the 916 thru the 999 to the modern era though, after the disconnection of the 999.
Old 24-Apr-2011, 00:38
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

I know that Tim has been over to the factory this week previewing the new model(s) that will be released soon but doubt we'll get much more info from him!