Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Jan-2006, 18:40
500SD

Mood: Smiles
Quote:
Originally posted by Albie
I have a corbin on my s4. Rock hard and very comfy especially the pillion. Wouldnt want the standard back

Hello Albie, long time no see or hear.. how are you?
Old 18-Jan-2006, 08:14
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

just brought a Ssargent back from the US.. Didn't like the original 2004 seat as the pillion kept sliding forward to elicit full line press on some delicate articles. The new seat has solved the sliding for the most part and both me and the lass like the feel much better as well. I like the more pronounced hump in back of my rump as I can slide back and get a little more support when clocking close to 200kmh.
Seems to be well made.
Old 18-Jan-2006, 15:10
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
Jeff,

there is one for sale on ebay - says its made in coventry but looks like a corbin style to me.

Take a look here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUCATI-ST4S-SE... cmdZViewItem
Old 22-Jan-2006, 14:04
Montjuic

corbin seat

I bought a canyon (not close) before christmas.
Its a nice looking seat and certainly improves the bikes looks, but unfortunately thats most of the good bits.
It is hard, yes, which is another plus and does not get too uncomfortable on long rides.
I opted for the carbon fibre effect leather and pvc sides (leather sides are prone to splitting I was told), and the canyon style.
This choice seems to be the cause of my problems as the standard canyon style leaves your rump support so far back from the tank (I'm 5' 10") that your chin is on the tank when you move your arse back as far as it will go. The other problem is the carbon effect leather finish .. its just too damn slippery when wearing cordura trousers as I do (not really a leather man myself). So when I accelerate or break hard I cant help moving around which is sometimes really offputting.
All in all I would advise anyone ordering any custom made seat to look carefully into what they want and ask about how each finish performs. The dimensions of the seat are very important (I think 1/2 my troubles would have been solved with the canyon 'close' style - yer arse is closer to the tank {obviously}). Specifically with corbin , from my opinion they seem to see average joe biker as having a HHHHEEEEUUUGEEE arse, so bear this in mind.

All in all I have to admit that the seat is good and I am happy with it .. it just would have been better if I had spent more time on thinking about my specific requirements.

Oh .. and ask for the piping and tricholor too .. they look nice.
Old 22-Jan-2006, 22:17
Bikes: Multistrada 1200S, ST4s

Corbin-a-like seat

Hi John,
Thanks for the heads-up on this - it's made by Custom Motorcycle seats in Coventry - a couple of the folks in WVAM have had seats done by this guy, and the workmanship is absolutely brilliant. I don't know if this one has the optional gel inserts, but I'm about to find out, having just won the auction :-D

Richard

Quote:
Originally posted by John W
Jeff,

there is one for sale on ebay - says its made in coventry but looks like a corbin style to me.

Take a look here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUCATI-ST4S-SE... cmdZViewItem

[Edited on 22-1-2006 by richardh]
Old 25-Jan-2006, 01:06
500SD

Nice one Richard, you can buy me a beer in France in June then
Oh, and don't forget your trousers/shorts this time !
(I just sent you an email with details)

I missed out on the downpipes as I got sidetracked and forgot to slap in another bid

Those chain adjusters turned up though. Very impressed.
Old 06-Feb-2006, 00:27
Bikes: Multistrada 1200S, ST4s

Yer on - beers all round in the Ardeche. Ta for the e-mail - I'm just trying to persuade Gill that she (probably) won't actually keel over from the heat, after last year's 34 degree romp!

And the seat's good so far - a few cm lower than stock, but comfortable - I'll put a few two-up miles on next w/end and see how it goes. - http://www.ducati.info/archives/2006/02/butting_in.html
Old 07-Feb-2006, 01:19
500SD

Nice write-up Richard.

You need to speed up on that convincing as I've booked the hotel for the rest of us. No doubt they'll have more rooms, but don't leave it too long.
14 people on 10 bikes at present, and no longer open, but you'll be welcome as I had previously registered your interest

Btw, I fitted those chain adjusters at the weekend. Thanks for the heads up on those, far better than the standard ones.

[Edited on 7-2-2006 by John W]
Old 30-Jul-2006, 11:58
Ducati Corse

Mood: Looking for a one way ticket to the 'Ring.
Finally tracked one down bought a Corbin, forgot advice given, found I slipped back too much, should have bought a Close Canyon instead of standard one, so flogged it on fleebay, only lost a 20 quid or so, not too costly a mistake.
Well made, but even if I bought a Close version, I'm not sure if I could have got on with the "bucket" design, will try a Sargent next I suppose.
Thanks for advice given.
Old 13-Aug-2006, 05:03
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

got a Sargent and like it mucho. It has also stopped the pillion from sliding into me at every stop and she feels the seat is more comfortable as well. Like the storage space underneath and the Italian flag logo. A good purchase for long trips and passengers.