Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Jul-2005, 22:46
Big Twin

You can hire Castle Combe for £6K / day, but your only allowed 13 riders out at any one time because of the noise limits

So at £100 each, that's 5 groups

Goodwood's £12K, and 5 vehicles at a time

Both are 105dB.

Pit lane marshall at Cadwell was telling me last week that ESS holds their record for fallers in a single day......
Old 01-Jul-2005, 23:47
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
I've been on a couple of SPORTS days + 1 PACE with ESS & only had one session red flagged.

The only time I noticed higher numbers of riders on track was on one of the SPORTS days at Brands Indy. After ESS had riders times, they changed the groups around a bit & later sessions were much better as riders speeds were more similar.

I'm going on another PACE day in a couple of weeks at Brands. I really rate them for what that's worth Keep up the good work Tony (quickshifter).

[Edited on 1-7-2005 by Wylie1]
Old 02-Jul-2005, 00:48
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
It cost's £25,000 to hire Brands GP for the day and £11, 250 for the Indy-this is + Vat. You can do the maths yourself to work out why trackdays there are expensive.........
As a comparison Oulton would be £10,750 + vat and Cadwell £5,775 + vat-these are all for midweek dates between April and October. Dates at Oulton are virtually impossible to get as they are only allowed one bike event a week-this includes racing so track time is very scarce.

John
Old 02-Jul-2005, 13:02
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Originally posted by Wylie1
I've been on a couple of SPORTS days + 1 PACE with ESS & only had one session red flagged.

The only time I noticed higher numbers of riders on track was on one of the SPORTS days at Brands Indy. After ESS had riders times, they changed the groups around a bit & later sessions were much better as riders speeds were more similar.

I'm going on another PACE day in a couple of weeks at Brands. I really rate them for what that's worth Keep up the good work Tony (quickshifter).

Thats ok if it is dry all day, but it falls to pieces if you get a wet sessions in the morning.
Old 02-Jul-2005, 14:17
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Quote:
Originally posted by Wylie1

Thats ok if it is dry all day, but it falls to pieces if you get a wet sessions in the morning.

The 1st SPORTS day I went on last year was wet in the morning & it didn't fall to pieces (well, not that I noticed anyway). That was my 1st experience of ESS & I was impressed enough to book with them again.
Old 02-Jul-2005, 20:03
Montjuic

Mood: dusty!
BTW JPM just been told by a mate with a monster that he has been told 192 have been booked in on monday, so if thats right and my math is up to speed thats 48 per group plus dibble in another to make up the numbers!
Old 02-Jul-2005, 20:14
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Not such luck for me Wylie, I missed the first session due to be too slow at changing wheels over. Went out in the 2nd session (wet) and took it easy trying to find my feet, This was the first time with wets for me. Went out on the 3rd and final session of the morning ( bucketing it down) but I went quicker and started to really build up my convidence. Durring lunch I found that I had been placed at the back end of the inters group. No problem there I thought because this is all based on times. As soon as the 4th session started and it was still wet I realised that all was not well. Not a full grid and some very slow riders too. I missed the 5th session, again changing wheels. Went out in the 6th session(dry) and the difference in times was very apparent. I actually lapped a guy I could not get a clear lap togeather because of the nature of the circuit (Brands indy) you are always coming up behind guys that are slower in corners. It was much the same in the final session. The irony of it is, how could the instructor keep an eye on me and the others in our group, if I'm at one end of the circuit and they at another. The other frustrating part was having to wait behind the instructor untill he waved you through.

[Edited on 2-7-2005 by Jon]
Old 02-Jul-2005, 21:56
Montjuic

Mood: Beer please !
JPM you have a U2U.