Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Apr-2006, 21:22
Montjuic

Two responses from me. Four trackdays under my belt so far this month.

1. If a particular organiser is weak we should name and shame them. We can all avoid their days and our Chairman can write to them informing them of our boycott and asking for assurances about safety improvemnts.

2. We should organise more of our own trackdays and we should support them rather than being obliged to go to commercial operators for our trackday fun.

Dave
Old 26-Apr-2006, 22:01
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Dseered,

U2U sent,

Ray.
Old 26-Apr-2006, 22:19
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Ian,

You'll have to excuse my sense of humour bypass on this one 'cos I don't get it?

Ray.
Old 26-Apr-2006, 22:41
Big Twin

Do what we have done on swb book your own track time and sell spaces to your mates !
Old 26-Apr-2006, 22:43
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
In my experience of trackdays I've seen this kind of thing with a certain organiser, but not with others. Maybe coincidence?

BUT... the first time I went with FE, there was a racer boy allowed out in the final novice session (he'd been in the fast group all day). He made a close pass on a real novice and spooked him into grabbing the brake - result was the novice guy crashed.
The second time I went to a FE day showed, in my opinion, a similar disregard for the group distribution. I was put down to the novice group on sign-in because of overbooking, and when I showed my acu licence and asked if it was a concern to them I was told "don't worry, it won't make your penis any smaller." Make of that what you will!

Nothing even came close to that sort of behavior on days with either no limits nor hottrax.

Maybe there should be an obligation enforced by the insurance that all ACU holders are only permitted in the fast group on a commercial track day? I know that won't SOLVE anything, but surely it's the right direction?

n

p.s. G.W.S ryan
Old 26-Apr-2006, 22:45
GTL

Mood: Busy, Busy...Busy!
Hmmmmmmm....FE? rings a bell? Not just me then?
Old 26-Apr-2006, 22:48
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
DCR... I think you should scan and publish your 100 lines when you've done them!
Old 26-Apr-2006, 23:21
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Originally posted by allthegearnoidea
Two responses from me. Four trackdays under my belt so far this month.

1. If a particular organiser is weak we should name and shame them. We can all avoid their days and our Chairman can write to them informing them of our boycott and asking for assurances about safety improvemnts.

2. We should organise more of our own trackdays and we should support them rather than being obliged to go to commercial operators for our trackday fun.

Dave

Good Points but....

1) Can we please NOT openly name and shame any organiser as there might well be legal implications for the club, even if you are expressing an opinion - I think complaints of this type need to be taken up directly with the organisers concerned.

I've been on the receiving end of this myself at a TD last year after being cut up a treat by the same person more than once. I was told at the time that the organisers rely to quite some extent on the marshalls looking after the track reporting back as well on the travelling instructors.

I must say though - if someone ever brought me off on a TD (unless there was a DAMN good reason, I'd have serious thoughts about using the same organiser).

2) DSC TD's - More than ever (hopefully !!!) this year, but as I recall there is a financial constraint that they MUST NOT run at a loss - so if enough places are not filled before hand then an event could be cancelled....

Use 'em or lose 'em.

Cheers - Frank
Old 27-Apr-2006, 08:16
500SD

i do worry when it is suggested that people cannot express their own opinions about services / products for fear of being sued

it is a misunderstanding of the power of the law - which is there to promote fairness

for example

if did chains keep snapping on people i have a right to know - similarly if a trackday company didnt act on safety

for the record i did 4 days in cartegena with fe and they were brilliant on all fronts including safety

if i had a problem i would raise it on the day - as soe people did with them and i got the impression they were listened to

one of the points of a community is to share experiences - good or bad surely?
Old 27-Apr-2006, 08:18
500SD

btw should not be just so and so are crap but a factual account of what happened no more no less