Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 18-May-2006, 12:13
Ducati Meccanica

I voted for one grid no split start
Old 18-May-2006, 12:22
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
I think that is the combined grid is both DD classes, then the grid should all start together in qualifying timed order - a la Assen. You'll still get the "fast in a straight line, slow cornering" argument, but I feel this is lessened if DD only bikes. And the riders are typically more respective of each other.

If the grid is combined with another non-DD class then staggered starts are best - the other class are likely to have faster bikes, will have tyres better suited to the conditions (wets) - and are less even with the DD bikes.

Tim
Old 18-May-2006, 12:26
Mille

I do hope all this does get resolved. it being the first year for two grids was always going to be difficult, it's sad to see people not going because of the qualifing situation it's not ideal but i really can't see any other way to do it. I've had electrical problems from the start, must hold the record for the slowest lap of Cadwell ( I was only on one cylinder) and had more problems , electrical again at Brands. This problem i'm still trying to sort out and unless it's gonna cost lots I'll be at CC.
Old 18-May-2006, 12:27
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
from a front runner 583 point of view....

I want a delayed start................i dont want "once again" as per last year and Assen and it seems snetterton this year...to be held up by 620's in the corners etc to then be passed on the straight........it can have an impact on the 583 front runners......the starts are comprised getting mugged into the first corner by the quick of the line 620's..???

Delayed start for me please...........................

Old 18-May-2006, 12:48
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
Phil, how long would you want to see the delay for and bearing that in mind how long would it take before one of the 583's got passed by a 620 or the other way how long before you were mixing it up with the back of the 620's and still getting held up.
Old 18-May-2006, 12:56
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by Murray Mint
Phil, how long would you want to see the delay for and bearing that in mind how long would it take before one of the 583's got passed by a 620 or the other way how long before you were mixing it up with the back of the 620's and still getting held up.

i can only base it on my experience of a delayed start that we had at cadwell with the CB500's.....it worked very well for the guys up front as we never encountered any cb500's.....

maybe as u say we would hit the slower 620's but i doubt it on a 15 second delay on a track the same pace as cadwell.?.

Neither way is ideal but for me delayed is better ! at least we can get of the line cleanly......and perhaps get past the slower 620's easier than we would the quicker 620 lads mid pack.?

Old 18-May-2006, 17:11
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by ali
STOP!!!

This bloody thread is not about having two bloody grids. If you want to discuss this please use one of the many, many threads that are already running. For the last time:

This thread is to discuss the relative merits of all starting together or having a timed gap between starts, not to discuss whether the series deserves two separate grids entirely!

Consider my toys well and truly outside the pram....

And you think you've got a problem trying to communicate with some of this lot !!!! :P:P
Old 18-May-2006, 18:03
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Communicate!?!
.............................Wossat then