Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 02-Apr-2006, 22:11
Mille

Sigma racing ?

Just been spending the day surfing the net for info on ducati racing in the uk.

I love watching club racing and am going to the DD brands round. also got some tickets from motorapido for the new era races last year, will be going to watch that lot too this year.

but, I found this on the sigma performance website...

"We are not a normal dealer, we are a race team that sets up Ducati's for track day or race use to the best of our ability; it helps pay for the racing. We have to operate on a strict diary system to fit you round our racing programme, unfortunately we cannot do it the other way round…… "

but i cant find any trace of them doing any racing since 1999, where do they race? what series etc. or is this just a nice sales pitch to justify some serious prices (and never calling you back)?
Old 02-Apr-2006, 22:48
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
If you are looking at getting your bike tuned, setup or serviced then you could do a lot worse than Sigma. I belive that Neil has prepared some of the DD bikes and was involved with the technical side of DD as well.

Can be hard to contact but will discuss things at length when you do get hold of him
Old 02-Apr-2006, 22:49
Mille

did a quick search on here and they seem to be good, is Neil the guy who actually does the work or is he a sales guy?
Old 02-Apr-2006, 22:54
Dibble

Barnsey,

Neil owns Sigma, he is also the gut that writes all the technical GP articles in MotorCors, MCN etc and is a Ducati officiando ....

The man usuallt wielding the spanners is Bruce, an ex GP mechanic and long time employee of Sigma ....

Spanner wielding or not there is very little that he doesn't know about Ducati engines and chassis set up ....

One of only 2 people I would generally let anywhere near my bike, and funnily enough, the other one is called Neil as well ....

Often hard to get hold of as he often works abroad, well worth the effort though ....
Old 02-Apr-2006, 23:29
Mille

sounds good, do they still race ?
Old 02-Apr-2006, 23:31
Dibble

Quote:
Originally posted by barnsey
sounds good, do they still race ?

no, as far as i'm aware ... Neil used to be their rider as well i believe ....
Old 03-Apr-2006, 00:04
500SD

Mood: Pretty good considering....
Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
Neil owns Sigma, he is also the gut that writes all the technical GP articles in MotorCors, MCN etc and is a Ducati officiando ....

You are going to be in such trouble Dibble

Well, he's around at the moment, he was my chauffeur for most of the Kent group rideout today.

He did do some racing himself but mostly got better riders to race the Sigma bikes (sorry Neil), funnily enough we were talking about it this morning. He doesn't run a team any more (too much travelling around the MotoGP circuit) but does help out some of the British Supersport riders.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit