Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 20-Jan-2009, 13:55
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Birdy isn't to happy with the decision
http://www.bikesportnews.com/article...O FT_DEMISE_1

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 23-Jan-2009, 22:42
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
There are only four "noisey" days at Croft in 2009 for bike trackdays at 105db.

All the other other days are 100db. Looks like I'll be be having a quiet year again. That or seeing what effect the standard pipes have on me bike along with the standard pipe ECU. Not bothered about a few BHP or lb less just the effect on the AFRs.

I'll be in the crazy situation of putting "road" pipes on for the track and "track" pipes for the road

Or maybe just not bothering to use the Ducati at all at Croft.

Ray.
Old 24-Jan-2009, 13:37
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
How about we organise a 'meet' outside their house Ray-might give them something to complain about.............

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 07-Feb-2009, 16:44
Ducati Corse

Track day companies both on two wheels and four have stopped taking bookings for croft.

There are gonna be a handful of trackdays.

So far only the legal eagles are sitting pretty in this.

There was a two page spread in motorpsort news formerly Motoring news about the implications this had for every circuit in the country.

Ray
Old 07-Feb-2009, 18:04
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Croft will close imo Ray. They cannot survive on so few days. If they manage to survive, you'll have to book a year in advance to get a place.

Be interesting to see what happens going forward as it looks from the outside like anyone near to any sports venue can now quote this as a case and have the place restricted or closed.

WeeJohnyB
Old 08-Feb-2009, 02:01
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
How about we organise a 'meet' outside their house Ray-might give them something to complain about.............

John

I support this action.....At least then any future actions from other residents that choose to live near a track will know they are going to have a few people turning up for a ride/drive past

Craig
Old 08-Feb-2009, 11:36
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
I reckon that will be on the cards at some stage, someone will organise regular local rideouts and club meets in the field next to them.

I do sympathise to an extent, not if they moved there recently, but if they have been there for many years they will have seen an incredible increase in the amount of use and also in the noise level from a race circuit. I’m guessing, but, going back a few years, trackdays didn’t exist, now most tracks want to try to be used every day if they can get away with it.

I live on a busy road and have only just moved here and fully expected a lot of noise, sure, and I accept it of course, but I’d love to ban the use of loud pipes on the Nova’s and Saxo’s and sometimes their music is so loud it makes things in my house vibrate. On the other hand, the Abbey is next door and the noise from the bells is incredible, particularly when they are practicing on a Sunday, but luckily I think it’s a wonderful sound.

WeeJohnyB
Old 08-Feb-2009, 14:00
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
I'm not sure I sympathise at all. The money was awarded to them to make up for the loss of value on their house. Bet they dont move and I bet the house has'nt lost that amount of money compaired to what they were awarded.
I lived with the M4 at the end of the field, plenty of noise there as well, but unlike You and I with 24/7 noise the tracks close at 5pm. I'm not sure either how this has helped the problem from the judgement side of things. Surely the longer you live where you do now its going to get busier as more cars take to the roads, the road gets widened, they put traffic lights by your house so cars start and stop. Can you sue in 15yrs time ??
How long before Rockinham gets a complaint when it was built so isolated away from eveything and now everything is growing up around it.

Craig
Old 09-Feb-2009, 09:44
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
They had trouble just to get planning permission for Rocky Craig-that's why it is built in a big bowl-to use the 'walls' as a noise barrier.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 26-Nov-2009, 14:27
Ducati Corse

Croft is fighting back by coming up with stuff they can do "quietly"

Off up tomorrow afternoon with a group from a Turbo nutter car club for some on track noise testing to see if they might be quiet enough to run a sprint in the Future.

They have been doing a few other tests to see what and how they can operate on a "quiet" day.

It's not over yet for the circuit. They just need to see what they can do over and above the 40 "noisy" days they are currently allowed.

Ray.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit