Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 22-Jul-2009, 22:12
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
its not just speeding tho, look at the plight of hundreds of teachers which has been rehighlited last week. They are acused of inappropriate action, sexual or not, immediately suspended, then put on a register somewhere to show they were investigated, not charged or proven guilty, and when they are proven absolutely innocent (note proven INNOCENT) they return to work (if they still have a job) with a stigma now attached. God forbid they go for another job, as when they apply to the police for the checks, it comes back there was an accusation and no one will touch them

world has gone crazy, if I had more balls I'd jack it all in and feck off somewhere more sensible!!
Old 22-Jul-2009, 22:13
MotoGP God

and no Andy that isnt the Police's fault, it the stupid vote-seeking tits who run the country
Old 22-Jul-2009, 22:18
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Last year I was on my 749 coming out of Stratford upon Avon, on the old road. Five cars in front of me and a sole occupied Police Volvo estate at the front. We arrived at the roundabout where the road turns to dual carriageway and leads down to the M40/A46.

The Volvo takes off and I pass the other cars and keep a safe distance behind Mr Plod, but we were doing 100/110mph.

Get to the lights at the M40 they turn red. Mr P gets out walks up to me ans says, " Just because I travel down the A46 at 100mph doesn't give you the right to do so". He then walked back to the car and went, dodin't check my plate nothing. Just a jobsworth that has a badge and gives him the right to do as he pleases.

Theres good and bad in all walks of life. But the plod members here never ever say that there is a bad one amongst them. All a very cosy little club.
Old 22-Jul-2009, 23:15
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Pete
Sorry for trying to help you, for that I apologise.
You posted something that standing alone, ie your second paragraph in your first post in this thread, which was erroneous as it stood without the information you adduced further on on the thread.
I was not aware of the background and as always I do my best not to get involved in specific incidents.
My post was intended to perhaps stop you making an error of judgement on the strength of what you first posted as regards speeding offences in general - at no point was I aware of what had occurred and why should I be? I simply hoped to try to help someone I knew.
In future I'll keep my opinions to myself.

PS. It mght be a good idea to redact your home address from the letter you have attached...
Old 22-Jul-2009, 23:29
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Rushjob, I have allways found you to be a honest trustworthy person and I thank you for your contibution to my thread and your help as and when you feel able to do so. I appologise to any member that may finds my thread non PC but some things must be addressed and its good to get it of ones chest. 4D
Old 22-Jul-2009, 23:30
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordie
that may finds my thread non PC but some things must be addressed and its good to get it of ones chest. 4D

no pun intended
Old 23-Jul-2009, 11:03
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Maybe one of the issues here which hasn't been mentioned is how the police car was being driven? Unmarked car rushing up from behind then dropping back in an intimidating manner? Overtaking riders then slowing down to be overtaken? What would you do if that happened?

I've had a lengthy chat with one of the guys involved with this incident and would trust what he said.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 23-Jul-2009, 11:06
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
Last year I was on my 749 coming out of Stratford upon Avon, on the old road. Five cars in front of me and a sole occupied Police Volvo estate at the front. We arrived at the roundabout where the road turns to dual carriageway and leads down to the M40/A46.

The Volvo takes off and I pass the other cars and keep a safe distance behind Mr Plod, but we were doing 100/110mph.

Get to the lights at the M40 they turn red. Mr P gets out walks up to me ans says, " Just because I travel down the A46 at 100mph doesn't give you the right to do so". He then walked back to the car and went, dodin't check my plate nothing. Just a jobsworth that has a badge and gives him the right to do as he pleases.

Theres good and bad in all walks of life. But the plod members here never ever say that there is a bad one amongst them. All a very cosy little club.

Interersting. I was under the impression that the police were governed by the same speed restrictions as the public unless on a job? Thankfully coppers with a seriously bad attitude are in a minority, their jobs must be very frustrating when they see serious criminals walking free day after day on "technicalities".

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 23-Jul-2009, 13:09
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James
Maybe one of the issues here which hasn't been mentioned is how the police car was being driven? Unmarked car rushing up from behind then dropping back in an intimidating manner? Overtaking riders then slowing down to be overtaken? What would you do if that happened?

I've had a lengthy chat with one of the guys involved with this incident and would trust what he said.

Exactly Paul.

From what I've been told, the police car was being driven in a very aggresive and threatening manner. As you say, it was hurtling up behind people until sitting right on their back wheel, pulling out to overtake but then not overtaking when he could have simply gone past. Then blasting past doing overtakes in breathtakingly stupid places, choosing to do so on the narrowest and twistiest parts of the road, putting the squeeze on people as he went past. Then having gone past, slowing right up again, for all the world just like some member of Joe Public DLAC in a blacked out Volvo S60R and looking to hassle a bunch of bikes. All in the name of safety eh?

Furthermore, the bikes weren't travelling in a single group, they'd got strung out and were riding in two and threes, so while matey was acting the arse with the people at the back, the others weren't even in sight. So at what point exactly did he glance down at his speedo and decide they were all guilty? When he was doing his charge up to the back of the group? When he was blasting past them? What about the people at the front? He only came past them when they had slowed down for a built up area, to less than the speed limit, to let the others catch up, so how can he assert that they are all guilty as well? By association?

Alright, hands up, although I wasn't on this particular ride out, these people are all friends of mine, so it's clear where my sympathies lie.

To retain a bit of balance, most of them have admitted that they're not angels and 'make progress', I don't think that any one of them has a problem with getting a speeding ticket if it's a fair cop, just that the way this was done smacks of being goaded into commiting an offence in the first place, then being given a ticket without any other evidence apart from the fact that you were there.

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 23-Jul-2009, 13:47
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Not wanting to get totally embroiled in a subject that really, really riles me, and not ignoring the "no real proof" elemnt of Pete's saga, but there is also the issue of:

Catching up.......

I remember seeing the paragraph in the ACPO guidelines on the operation of "Time & Distance Recording" equipment that elluded to "doing 100mph to catch up with said target vehicle does not in itself constitute that said target vehicle is doing 100mph so you have to track it at a constant distance for a predetermined distance to confirm it's speed on your calibrated TDR equipment"

There's a very helpful site called Pepipoo that we should all read and memorise the content of. It may not stop you getting nicked when you do 100mph but it may stop you getting nicked if Mr Traffic Officer hasn't done his/her job properly/within the law/guidelines as you'll be better versed to question (politely) every thing he/she states about how he/she came to their assertion about your speed.

I am of the opinion that if more people were educated better about their rights and the rules the officers should abide too, it would get rid of a whole raft of the "bent-brigade" who flout the rules and sadly do exist amongst the other finer examples out there.

I hold my hands up if I'm done fair and square, but if I'm not 100% certain I want to be damn sure they're 100% certain..............

www.copeimages.com

WeeJohnyB, Best instructor out there http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit