Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 26-Sep-2009, 11:35
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools
Yes, I have asked for the missing Pronto's to be posted to you. PM me if they don't arrive by the end of the week

still nothing and have had post daily this week including parcels
Old 26-Sep-2009, 14:52
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK
still nothing and have had post daily this week including parcels

I asked for them to be posted to you earlier this week, by registered post, to make sure you got them. I will chase again.

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 01-Oct-2009, 00:08
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

and still nothing
Old 01-Oct-2009, 10:09
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
You're having a laugh surely

Anyone not want their copy, send a U2U to AK, get his address and send him yours in the post. Do it today and he'll have something to read at the weekend

No longer funny (if it ever was). Who holds 'spare' copies? So who is responsible for sending AK one? Why does he never get one? Is the DSC honestly saying he is on the list and one is posted every quarter? If so, where are they going?

Sort it out someone FFS before we lose another member/poster

WeeJohnyB
Old 01-Oct-2009, 14:25
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
You're having a laugh surely

Anyone not want their copy, send a U2U to AK, get his address and send him yours in the post. Do it today and he'll have something to read at the weekend

No longer funny (if it ever was). Who holds 'spare' copies? So who is responsible for sending AK one? Why does he never get one? Is the DSC honestly saying he is on the list and one is posted every quarter? If so, where are they going?

Sort it out someone FFS before we lose another member/poster

WeeJohnyB

Calm down John. I've said I will sort out AK's Pronto issue and I will.

I edit the magazine, but delivery of the entire print run goes to Chris, who then distributes it: he therefore holds all of the spare copies.

I emailed Chris on 21st September to request that a copy of the last three issues be sent to AK by registered post. I sent a further email on 29th September to remind him again.

It sounds as if this is just an "oh yeah, course you were Jools", type of response but I decided last night that I was going to do just as you suggest to shortcut this i.e. ask AK for his address via PM and send him my own copies. I will then get my own copies replaced if they are still available.

So AK, PM me your address, because I don't hold the membership database either.

___________^
Old 01-Oct-2009, 15:11
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Calm down Jools, don't take it personally. It's perfectly clear though that there is a reason why AK has not received his copies of Pronto for however long and we don't know what it is. It's pretty ordinary that a life member has to have the chairman post his personal copies just to make sure it gets through!

Not a dig at you Jools, but even you've got to admit this doesn't look good. Especially after Alan has had to ask SO MANY TIMES and in light of everything that has gone on. We keep being asked to forget about the past and move on but it's stuff like this that makes me wonder why I should sweep a whole lot of history under the carpet when clearly, in some quarters, nothing has changed.
Old 01-Oct-2009, 15:34
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Make a PDF of Pronto available via this site, job done.

No need to rely on Il postino Pat or an overactive imagination as to what happens between the printers and the letter box.

Ray.
Old 01-Oct-2009, 17:27
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
Calm down Jools, don't take it personally. It's perfectly clear though that there is a reason why AK has not received his copies of Pronto for however long and we don't know what it is. It's pretty ordinary that a life member has to have the chairman post his personal copies just to make sure it gets through!

Not a dig at you Jools, but even you've got to admit this doesn't look good. Especially after Alan has had to ask SO MANY TIMES and in light of everything that has gone on. We keep being asked to forget about the past and move on but it's stuff like this that makes me wonder why I should sweep a whole lot of history under the carpet when clearly, in some quarters, nothing has changed.

I'm perfectly calm TP, saddened, but still calm.

I take my responsibilities as Pronto editor seriously. A few posts ago, I took personal ownership of this issue and promised to get the magazines in question to AK. I will do that as soon as I am able, by whatever means at my disposal.

So that does make it personal, it makes it a personal commitment from me to AK. From that point onward it's a matter that should really be between me and AK to resolve in a mature and adult fashion. It need not really concern the rest of the club so that's why I asked AK to PM me if the issue remained unresolved.

I am a man of my word, I keep my promises.

That is why I find it deeply unhelpful to have people, who are totally unconnected with this problem, jumping in before I've had the chance to respond to AK's latest update telling me to "sort it out FFS".

I'm just doing the best I can OK? Yes, I know, I volunteered to take this ****, but still....

___________^
Old 01-Oct-2009, 17:29
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Ok, I'll keep my mouth shut and my opinions to myself if it makes you feel better.

Enjoy your chairmanship.
Old 01-Oct-2009, 19:18
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools
....unconnected with this problem, jumping in before I've had the chance to respond to AK's latest update telling me to "sort it out FFS".

I'm just doing the best I can OK? Yes, I know, I volunteered to take this ****, but still....

wasnt my comment jools.

just home and 2 pronto issues 42 and 43 are here in an envelope sent 2nd class on monday.

The last one I had sent to me was number 40 so if there is a 41 then that would be helpful

just another query jools but should i have had any paperwork to go with these 3 last prontos? and can you make sure i am on the mailing list for the next ones in the future as am a life member

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit