Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-May-2003, 14:09
Ducati Corse

Were staying overnight on friday in Portsmouth and getting the 7.30am boat to Le Havre then we are tootling around Normandy till wednesday when we get the noon boat back from Cherbourg. Dont plan on doing a huge number of miles, we both just need a nice relaxing holiday. We might follow the route card that5 they gave away in Ride this month.

Paul.
Old 29-May-2003, 14:27
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Here\'s a handy bag for the hamster pouches

Mullim

Found this on 'Richards ST2 Page'

http://home.houston.rr.com/rcee/ducati/bag.html

It's a bag to fit inside the side pouches to stop stuff rolling about or falling through the gaps. I don't know if they make one for both sides, it's only the LHS pouch that's got any real room on an ST2 because the remote shock reservoir lives on the RHS so it's a bit restricted. On a 4s that gubbins is mounted alongside the shock isn't it? Might have yet more room.

If I wanted one of these things I think I'd go and get some ripstop nylon or similar and withold the nuptials from the wife until she sewed one up for me - could be waiting a few years then

[Edited on 30-5-2003 by Jools]
Old 29-May-2003, 16:59
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
She's more likely to sew you up first mate. And since she is a nurse she has access to the proper equipment-makes you wince to think about it..........

Mike, we will be in the main grandstand Tribuna Centrale 6 Block 6 row 5 seats 12 and 13. Mobile is 07885 050003 if you want to meet up. There will be a couple of others from the club there also.

John

[Edited on 29-5-2003 by Monty]
Old 29-May-2003, 19:58

John,
I am going with 6 other blokes and I am not sure where in the circuit we will be, but I have made a note of your phone number.
Have a good trip.
Mike
Old 08-Jul-2003, 14:10
Bikes: Multistrada 1200S, ST4s

motobags

Late response, but - Motobags in the US do some custom fit bags for the ST hamster pouches - I think they do one that copes with the remote adjuster on the 4s - haven't tried them yet, but they seem to be highly rated.

Richard (catching up on about two month's of postings!)
Old 08-Jul-2003, 14:11
Bikes: Multistrada 1200S, ST4s

again...

The URL would have been helpful, wouldn't it?
http://www.motobags.com/main.shtml
D'uh.
Old 30-Jul-2003, 20:03
Mille

Mood: Abbia Divertimento---o0o---Cassaforte Di Soggiomo
Touring

I take nothing except what is compulsory here in Switzerland i.e. bulbs/fuses and a punture repair kit - last one came in handy when had rear puncture in Spain and nearest garage was 80kms away!

Oil - never.
Ajust and Lube chain before the off - then as and when with small pocket size lube can.

Happy touring - if ur heading for the swiss alps I'll be happy to advise on good routes etc