Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Aug-2006, 19:34
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Smoking ZXR400

Hi Folks,
Sorry for holding up proceedings on Tuesday before lunch, when the bike decided that it was going to dump its oil into the bellypan after spraying all over the red hot headers, gave me a nasty fright I can tell you.

The reason for the oil dumping was that the young lad who loaned me the bike had not locktighted the bolts that hold the oilcooler feed & return pipes to the base of the sump, as the rather blurred picture attached (sorry) shows the front bolt is missing from one of the pipes. The bike is now back with him and he will be locktighting them this time, Oh, by the way he is a plumbing & heating engineer by trade, Mmmm he installs pipes etc for a living, says it all I guess, only joking Rick

Chris.p
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0720_1_2_1.JPG (26.4 KB, 39 views)
Old 27-Aug-2006, 11:35
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
I think I was about 10-15 seconds behind Chris.P when his Kwak let go, I had just come out of Mansfield and as I entered the Chicane I could see a pall of smoke drifting across the track, I throttled off for a second and as I saw no red flag at the bottom of the Mountain I thought the smoke was from off circuit. As I crested the Mountain I felt the back wheel spin up, this can be heard on the short clip below, I guess this was where the Kwak started to drop oil, after lunch this could be seen from the cement powder trail from the top of Mountain running into Halls Bends.

I think it was fortunate that no one following hit the oil and lost it

Looking at the amount of oil over the back wheel on the Kwak over lunch its a wonder that Chris.P managed to keep the bike upright, Still it will teach him to check his nuts next time

http://85.17.36.30/paul/Smoking_Kwak.avi