Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 11-Oct-2006, 16:38
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
Cartegena is a big track for a DD bike. I took the 620 to Jerez this year and it got lost out there!!!
As for the tyres, I'd take a set of Diablos - they are what you race on and will put you in good stead for next year.

If you are determined to get stickier rubber, I'd go for the Diablo Corse tyre - then you'll get used to the profile if not the adhesive quality.

Tim

Jerez is too big yeh, Cartagena is perfect for a DD bike as ignoring the start straight it is one corner after another all 3rd and 4th gear, bloody awesome

As for the tyre I'd use a diable corsa or super corsa to take advantage of the spanish track and weather
Old 11-Oct-2006, 16:46
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by couchcommando
As for the tyre I'd use a diable corsa or super corsa to take advantage of the spanish track and weather

I don't think any of us can take advantage of Diablos as it is, and we don't race on Corsas (anymore) or Supercorsas so it's a false economy.

I bet Rossi doesn't test on Bridgestones during the winter!

Much better to learn to ride on what you race on, otherwise you're wasting time, money and energy - IMHO.