Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 20-Sep-2011, 09:41
DSC Club Member
Mille

Phil And Co!

Well what a cracking year,as you may have read (the story so far) a gramatically incorrect story of the trials and tribulations of brummy dave,my season ended on a particularily emotional high.Firstly i managed to be part of the final mele,unfortunately hugh bit the dust at the hairpin,but it was a case of head down and work up to the front for me great fun,3rd place and a top view of the senna ,ron,phil fight excellant !!!.Secondly,securing 8th in the championship i only ever dreamt of finishing a race top 10 so championship 8th gives me a proper platform for a proper assult next year .Well thats my season in a nutshell,and then out of the blue i recieved the achievement cup !! well i apologise now for the shocked look but i was genuinely choked to recieve such an honour from my peers,so a very very big heartfelt thanks to phil,dean,rod and the crew true stalwarts of the dd paddock,these are the people that make it worth turning up and im sure make us the envy of some of the other "hardcore" paddcks when we get up to our shinannigans..Personally a big thanks to the unsung heroes ,kim pen and rob (the brummetts)Trudy well i remember castle coombe,nice day all the family there and poor Trudy stuck in the office!!thanks for everything Trudy.Kev Ellis lives and breathes the club and despite his ups and downs managed a credible year and i was most chuffed to race along side him and to wear his clutch lever in my leathers hump !! sorry mate ambition outweighed talent !and of course to the people who travel and stand in the rain and take pics and make it worth us battling for the bragging rights,a tue and loyal band _thanks to you all .
I remember when i started pit bitching for my little sis in 2008,this friendly silver haired bloke ,a kindred spirit in the engineering and furtling world!!!,said i am going to give this racing lark a go,well he did and what a go he gave it ,2011 champion,!!! a very big hooray and well done mate,i also remember this new bloke Ron at donny helping me to work gear ratios out and then finishing top 8 in his 1st race!i thought he will go far and he really did,too far in the last race ! but thats racing,big congrats to a superb challenge and true dd er and racer ,to senna i banged elbows with him in my 1st race at donny and my favourite race at cadwell,always tough always 110% true racer and good bloke to boot,it was an "if Only"season but wat a battle ,Sorted,mr smooth,an honour to race with and a true gent him and summer will both be missed in the padock,bradders well enough said we have all seen what he can do!fantastic achievement and hopefully a force to be contended with next year !.Paul p what an achievement well done mate and thanks for the battles,Scott we have unfinished buisiness for next year and i relish the thought,heres to a better year all round for you mate,itwas great to see all the different racers with shiny cups and smiles at the last round well done to all.
Finally (I KOW HOORAY ,FROM THE BACK )but i remember when i began back at the moto 6 at donnington 2009,i started racing because of the fun and camararderie,that has endured over all these trials and tribulations ,long may it continue and bring on next year!!!
Old 20-Sep-2011, 10:27
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
nice

next year....another like this
Old 20-Sep-2011, 11:22
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Excelent

See you in 2012
Old 20-Sep-2011, 19:00
500SD

Mood: ready to race
Fantastic wright up dave , you done well this year m8,your a true gent on and off the track , it was great battling with you at cadwell and just about every track since then. your riding has come on in leaps and bounds you will do good next year ,got you down for one of the faverotes for the championship , keep up the good work dave
Old 20-Sep-2011, 19:53
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna3
Fantastic wright up dave , you done well this year m8,your a true gent on and off the track , it was great battling with you at cadwell and just about every track since then. your riding has come on in leaps and bounds you will do good next year ,got you down for one of the faverotes for the championship , keep up the good work dave

Echo that, great write up Dave, I think 2012 will be as eventful as this year in the B class. I want to stay in the B's.
Old 21-Sep-2011, 19:25
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummydave
i also remember this new bloke Ron at donny helping me to work gear ratios out and then finishing top 8 in his 1st race!i thought he will go far and he really did,too far in the last race ! but thats racing,big congrats to a superb challenge and true dd er and racer
Cheers Chap.... although I don't think we were helping eachother out, I think we were just confusing eachother!

You have some serious pace and should definitely be challenging for the top spot next season.
Old 26-Sep-2011, 11:12
Mille
Bikes: 916SPS and DD #21

Mood: Optimistic
Sorted,mr smooth,an honour to race with and a true gent him and summer will both be missed in the paddock.

Cheers Dave.. Both Summer and I will be along to watch a few rounds in 2012.

Good luck and judging by the way you came on this year.. You're a potential Class B champ next year

Downside of the year... skittling you with a cushion at Castle Combe