Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-Feb-2005, 17:52
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
Quote:
Originally posted by eccles291

I'm not that keen on the looks of the "Multistrimmer" (LOL, like that one CK). It's ok I suppose but not quite my cup of tea so I won't be getting one of those.

as they say Beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend

Anyway whatever you decide on I hope you enjoy it in safety
Old 07-Feb-2005, 02:25
500SD

S4 bargain

This cost me £4380.00 in December 2004. 18months old. 2900mls Stonking bike lovely to ride. Bargain if your up for the rads.

[Edited on 7-2-2005 by Albie]
Old 07-Feb-2005, 19:17
Big Twin

My mate has just changed his 996bp for a s4 loves it.
Has fitted high rise pipes on it and steering damper and ohlins rear shock.
He keeps up quite well on the twisties
Old 03-Apr-2005, 18:52
Bikes: 888. multistrada 1200s sport

I am in the same situation.I have a 996 bp and a Honda 600rr which I use as a track bike.I took an S4r out yesterday and it was brilliant,better than the Triumph Speed Triple(or just different and as good!)
Once I sell the 996 I will change to a S4r.
Old 03-Apr-2005, 20:15
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
I've got an M1000S loan bike at the moment and it's superb - as Lee1980 says they're vibey low down but when you rev them they pull like mad! Great fun and they make a superb road bike.

I'd love to try the S4R out but I'd be worried that it would be a bit too revvy. The 1000DS engine is spot on.

Oh, and CK's earlier post is slightly confusing. The M1000S (as in your Senna rep paint pictured) is still available. The M1000 without the bikini fairing is no longer a UK model.
Old 03-Apr-2005, 20:24
Dibble

I ride a well sorted 996 and swopped bikes with WebbyC today on our ride out and have to say his S4R was awesome, pulls like a train, handles well and wasn't too much strain even at 120 when we got to a private road (cough, cough), if I could afford one as an addition to mine I'd get one tomorrow ....
Old 03-Apr-2005, 20:49
Mille

Mood: not a happy bunny
the best thing you can do is go down to your local ducati dealer and road test different bikes so you can get a feel for them and then you will make your mind up, i have owned an S4 and traded in my 998 for a multistrada and i love every minute on it (when i'm not working), i thought about the S4R but when i rode the multi my mind was soon made up. what ever you choose you will definately have fun!!
Old 04-Apr-2005, 20:42
Big Twin

Mood: happy bike passed MOT
I'm considering a change as well and a monster is an option but a 2 valve one to make the servicing bills easier to swallow !! and to drop the insurance as well !

an s4 or s4r is not an option really as you get the 9** level of service bills as well

I have ridden a 1000 monster and is was quite a laugh but that could have been the novelty after riding a 748 for 3 years will the novelty wear off ?? and really 80 odd bhp from a 1000 twin is not a lot i'd like something with a bit more poke !
I'd be the first to say i don't ride my 748 as much as i should so either it or my next bike will be used everyday in all weathers as a commuter and weekend bike.
though i am worried that commuting will kill my 748 as it's only 3 miles to work !
Old 04-Apr-2005, 21:13
Big Twin

Mood: This is a carbon free zone!
I`ve had both,an `03 S4 and a new Multilarder,and have now gone back to sports bike.If I could have two I`d keep the 888 and have a Multilarder.The monster was an uncomfortable riding position compared to the Multi(but the Multis seat is hard,better on the `05s I believe).To be honest the Multilarder is the only Duke I really miss.
Ask yourself who you ride with,what type of riding you do,then get a test ride on both,then see what you think.
Old 05-Apr-2005, 17:41

Mood: *~*
If anybody is serious about buying a monster, I have a '52' reg 800sie for sale.It has high level Ducati brushed alloy pipes,carbon front and rear fenders,carbon belly pan,red/carbon look Carl Foggarty seat.New chain and sprocket,new engine cases replaced by Pro Twins under warranty.(Ducati paint ) This bike has been lovingly cared for and no expence spared. It has done 10,000 miles but looks like it has done 2000. All offers concidered,just dont embarass yourself.