Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Aug-2005, 13:08
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Thats another beer you owe me my young apprentice...

Nat
Old 22-Feb-2006, 11:51
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
Nattyboy, thinking of doing the same to the whale like rad on my yet to arrive S4RS and its equally gargantuan oil cooler. Is the strip available in a silver finish? Also interestingly you have attached the mesh to the rad using the fan retention mushroom head bolts. I think that look s really neat and only my fastidiousness makes me appreciate it even more. Is there enough reach on the bolts to allow for the added thickness of the mesh? I am not too keen on the use of tie wraps as they often distort the fins and I am a fussy barsteward. Lastly do B & Q do the mesh with a smaller hole pitch. I had one of those Australian made radguards on my 999 and the mesh was exactly the same hole size as that in the pics of yours. It stopped a lot of damage to the core but it ended up trapping a sh*t load of muck and bullets to the rad. Only problem I have now is a neat way of attaching the mesh to the oil cooler, given that I now know the one on the rad can be done with the fan bolts. Any help would be appreciated. Lastly what did you use to cut the mesh with. Will tin snips work is the gauge of the wire too thick for that.
Old 22-Feb-2006, 19:50
500SD

Mood: Cool as **** !
Rad guards

Try these out,all in stock !,for all Ducatis.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8038442330&rd=1&sspage name=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

[Edited on 22-2-2006 by Simon Reed]
Old 22-Feb-2006, 19:56
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
Originally posted by Rod
Nattyboy, thinking of doing the same to the whale like rad on my yet to arrive S4RS and its equally gargantuan oil cooler. Is the strip available in a silver finish? Also interestingly you have attached the mesh to the rad using the fan retention mushroom head bolts. I think that look s really neat and only my fastidiousness makes me appreciate it even more. Is there enough reach on the bolts to allow for the added thickness of the mesh? I am not too keen on the use of tie wraps as they often distort the fins and I am a fussy barsteward. Lastly do B & Q do the mesh with a smaller hole pitch. I had one of those Australian made radguards on my 999 and the mesh was exactly the same hole size as that in the pics of yours. It stopped a lot of damage to the core but it ended up trapping a sh*t load of muck and bullets to the rad. Only problem I have now is a neat way of attaching the mesh to the oil cooler, given that I now know the one on the rad can be done with the fan bolts. Any help would be appreciated. Lastly what did you use to cut the mesh with. Will tin snips work is the gauge of the wire too thick for that.

Hi mate

Thanks for the comments ! Yep - bolts long enough and mesh is available in silver, and in a smaller mesh size from memory. Easily workable with scissors.

Cheers
Nat
Old 23-Feb-2006, 12:52
Mille

Thanks Nattyboy, I will be taking a trip to B & Q shortly!
Old 01-Mar-2006, 19:33
Mille

Yeah, nice one, keep tarting it up for Italian fest next month.
Old 08-Mar-2006, 11:03
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by Simon Reed
Try these out,all in stock !,for all Ducatis.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8038442330&rd=1&sspage name=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

[Edited on 22-2-2006 by Simon Reed]

Link not working Simon, can you post it up again.
Old 08-Mar-2006, 11:07
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by Nattyboy
Found a pukka product to finish our rad covers off..anodised screen trim for Halfords - £4.49 !!! Really good quality shiny bling in choice of black, chrome or red..and its even pre glued so you just puch it on.

So go on...I havent copyrighted it ... yet Poor picture but it really does finish the job off nicely

Nat

Nat, does this product have a particular name at all. Had a sniff around Halfords but could not find any. Maybe I was wandering around the wrong section! I generally steer clear of the car section anyway as it is usually full of all the boy racer Carlos Fandango "shi%e which just seems a bit pointless. Any clues mate.

Rod
Old 09-Mar-2006, 09:15
Ducati in my Blood

Rod - theres a specific bike bits section mate
Old 09-Mar-2006, 11:51
500SD

Mood: Cool as **** !
Try this !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

[Edited on 9-3-2006 by Simon Reed]

[Edited on 9-3-2006 by Simon Reed]