Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Apr-2005, 11:10
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Glad it worked out easy enough for you.

I have the Morgan Carbtune as well that I bought for a BMW about 12 years ago (OMG !!!) I think you'll find it is actually a mercury column in the unit, just found his website.....

http://www.carbtune.com/index.html

As long as they remain 'sealed' I think they are perfectly safe, unless you really want to be 'mad as a hatter' !!!

He also sells a nice long tool for adjusting the carbs but I used a simple screwdriver kit that has a plug-in flexible extention (whole kit bought from Argos for about £10 I think) - did the job a treat.

Sadly I seem to remember the best I could do was to get the sync within about a 5mm of each other - the poor bike was getting far too sweaty and hot otherwise.

I also lost one of the carb adapters that the hose fits on so I got the workshops at my old company to drill two Allen headed bolts for me (4mm?) and these work a treat.

If I every get my 900ss on the road again maybe we could meet up and compare notes as I've never rode a SL and would love to ride one back to back with mine.....944cc kit, drilled airbox, K+N filter, Stg2 Dynojet....blah, blah, blah

[Edited on 25-4-2005 by Iconic944ss]
Old 25-Apr-2005, 21:11
Mille

I,d be up for that Frank mines roughly the same spec as yours less the 944 kit as far as i can tell , though it does have 944 decals and i,m sorely tempted to whip the heads of and measure up as the previous owner didnt seem to sure , though the log book does say 904cc and i cant find anything in the service history suggesting a bigbore kit being fitted .
Old 25-Apr-2005, 21:30
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

I vaguely remember there should be some way to tell by looking at the Barrels but I'm darned if I can remember!

Frank