Ducati Sporting Club UK
Private Adverts
Use this forum for all private adverts. You must have been a registered member on this board for at least 14 days before you are allowed to post.

Old 07-Jun-2012, 21:47
Bikes: 750SS (1997)

For sale: working coil from '97 750SS

Experiencing a misfire? If you suspect a dodgy coil, this one could be useful for troubleshooting:

This is a proven good OEM Ducati coil (Kokusan) from a '97 750SS. Has "IG 3222 7F28" stamped on the back side, which may be either model specification or batch number. I think the same coil was used on the 600 and 900 SS.

I know this coil works since I ended up tracing down an ignition problem to the other coil of my own 1997 750 SS (short circuit). When hooked up to a timing light, this coil showed consistent firing; also I measured the resistance values as per specifications (primary 5.1 Ohms, and 16.2 kOhms for the secondary circuit). There is NO corrosion on any of the connectors for either LT or HT leads. Supplied without HT lead.

For someone who has gone through the same diagnostic investigations as I did, this is a cheap alternative to spending substantially more on a new set of aftermarket coils. £15 + P&P.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coil 798-9.jpg (68.4 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by ts-ts : 08-Apr-2013 at 14:38. Reason: Update
Old 08-Apr-2013, 14:47
Bikes: 750SS (1997)

Bump!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit