Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Nov-2011, 12:11
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Effects of the rear suspension ecu going mental

Out for a ride on Sunday and all the warning lights went into Christmas tree mode flashing like mad. Stopped and checked the oil level as that light was on.

4 different error codes (can line/something I can't remember/BBS/DTC) came up on the display and the entire dash ceased to function, head light turned itself off, interesting as it was getting dark and off course there isn't a headlight switch, and the indicators did a god impression of hazrd lights even though there isn't a hazard light switch.

I could get the headlight to work for a bout a minute at a time by using the dip/main switch.

The kill switch killed the engine but the ignition wouldn't switch off so I had to disconnect the battery to turn everything off.

Took the bike to Ducati Manchester the and they had never expereinced that problem, however they found it was the rear suspension ecu that was faulty, and had one in stock so hey presto all sorted very quickly and efficiently, thanks Ducati Manchester.

Anyway if anybody gets the same problem this may put your mind at rest.
Old 03-Nov-2011, 22:03
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Thanks for the Heads up Shaun I'm sure a few Multi owners will be taking notes

And big thumbs up for Ducati Manchester for sorting it, never been there but sounds as though they are worth a visit when i'm out on my travels.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook