Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Mar-2009, 12:24
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Alarm removal?

After a couple of weekends of reading and some help on here, plus a couple of trips to Ducati Aylesbury for missing screws etc, I've now got the clutch back in, started the engine, and had a little trip up and down our drive to check brakes and clutch both work.

Now - the only remaining problem is the bl**dy Spyball alarm. Having the battery off for 5 months has caused the key-fob to forget the bike. I've tried the reset procedure in the alarm manual but no joy, also changed the battery in the key-fob but still no joy (Bypassed the immobiliser using the keycode security no. and the key in the ignition).

Everything I've found online says the alarm is cr@p, anyone got any experience of removing alarms or suggestions - how easy etc?

Cheers
Martin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5672s.JPG (250.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF5683s.JPG (339.5 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by MJS : 07-Mar-2009 at 17:53.
Old 02-Mar-2009, 15:55
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I find Alarms are usually fairly easy to remove, they usually cut into two out of three possible circuits
The three being the fuel pump, starter solinoid and the feed to the coils., other than that they usually tap into the indicators and horn and also tap off the battery feed somewhere.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 02-Mar-2009, 18:24
Bikes: 998R,D16RR,Bimota V-Due

If it's the spyball specifically made for Ducati I think it's just a plug and play unit, so you just need to find the connector on the loom.