Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue Series Information
Documentation & info to help prospective & current DesmoDue Racers

Old 31-May-2015, 21:38
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
DD Update 31st May 2015

One of the clubs that has offered to run a couple of DD rounds for us this season has also offered to incorporate our prize giving in to their Awards Night

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 01-Jun-2015, 21:52
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Great stuff!
Can any light be shed on clubs/meetings/dates we might be doing?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 01-Jun-2015, 23:17
MotoGP God

Bet this isn't the reply you want

Thursday = Hottrax announce cancelation of Oulton, we also here they have pulled the plug on knockhill
Thursday I tell one club we would like to do there meeting where they offered us a grid
Friday = It is announced that Hottrax have gone into Administration
Friday = I hear back from a friend at another club that they can run our DD at two of there meetings later in the year as well as being interested in hosting the series in 2016
They also inform that we can attend their awards evening for the DD prize giving
Friday - the DD paddock is told abouth the above

Further down the announcement post on Facebook I wrote
"Unlikely to be one in June, so I may go and enter a Mini twin race just as I did in 2005, 2006 and 2007 when DD had fewer meetings in a season. The clubs I have been talking to will have to reconfigure there race day schedules to give us our own grid, which they have indicated they are willing to do but will take time to sort and as with all clubs entries will already be coming in for their next meetings"

One of the clubs organisers was tied up at another race meeting over the weekend and was no doubt back at work today so has probably had litte time to work on it.

Since the announcment it seems there are signs of discontent and I should pursue other clubs, if I do this and word gets out this may well leave the door open for another class to step through it and take what could well be our only real option for next season. As everybody else seems to know best maybe I should step away from it now and concentrate on building up the TTF class

And today is only Monday, 3 days after the announcement that DD had gone into administration

Old 01-Jun-2015, 23:31
DSC Club Member
500SD

Don't know about any discontent, only people wondering who we could be joint in with.
Obviously there are other clubs we could tag on to for this year and I appreciate saying too much could open the door to other series jumping in a place.
I was only asking because I can only get certain days off work.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 01-Jun-2015, 23:43

I don't do Facebook kevin so I have no idea what has been going on but I'm sure you will be doing your best for the DD paddock.
Have you told us which club/clubs are interested and where the next race maybe?
Old 01-Jun-2015, 23:55
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko748
I don't do Facebook kevin so I have no idea what has been going on but I'm sure you will be doing your best for the DD paddock.
Have you told us which club/clubs are interested and where the next race maybe?

Not yet as I don't want to burn any bridges, I also don't want to play one club off against the other and end up alienating one or both of them, I am happy to accept both offers to race with them this year and look to having one of those clubs host the series for next year with the possibility of attending the other club as a guest class at an event or two should they be interested.

I expect to be able to confirm two of the venues and there dates along with the hosting club before the end of this week

To me it is important to keep DD going and try and keep the paddock together as the community spirit among it is hard to find in many areas of the racing world, I was always taught patience is a virtue but it seems some think otherwise

Old 02-Jun-2015, 09:35
Mille
Bikes: 900ss 600ss xr400

Thumbs up hats off to kev

Nice one kev- you're doing a great job- we all know nobody is better placed to sort this than you- we're all keen to know when we'll get racing again but if we play it right it could all be a change for the better- good luck with it and i reckon we owe you a few beers!!
Old 02-Jun-2015, 11:36
DSC Club Member
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
To me it is important to keep DD going and try and keep the paddock together as the community spirit among it is hard to find in many areas of the racing world, I was always taught patience is a virtue but it seems some think otherwise

Couldn't agree more, people like me who are asking questions are anxious to get out there again, DD meets are just as much a weekend away with friends as they are race meetings.
Everyone is uber appreciative about what you've done and are doing and to be on the cusp of having a new club in so short a time after Hottrax folding is amazing. I doubt any of the other classes are anywhere near as close as DD to finding a new home.

Scott #50
Old 02-Jun-2015, 21:30
MotoGP God

Hoping to be able to have a face to face meeting tomorrow afternoon. So i have had to reorganise my service schedule and try and get there on the way back from a job. Technically on works time so i dare not put this on facebook where someone from work may see it. If all goes well i should be able to put out dates and venues for two meetings on Thursday evening as i have also been talking with protyre and Dunlop

Old 02-Jun-2015, 21:39
Montjuic
Bikes: Triumph Speed Triple/DD 620/

Mood: It's a grand life if you don't weaken
Could not put it any better than Miles, really appreciate your efforts Kev.