How loud are Termis?

Depends how much packing is left in 'em
Old 11-Nov-2005, 17:34
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Jools
How loud are Termis?

Depends how much packing is left in 'em

... and what revs you are doing, and how your fuel/air micture is set up. For example,std fuel maps are likely to have a rich spot at 5,500 which is where the noise test is done - richer mixture deepens the exhaust note. It's all about perception, mostly. You can get away with it if you're sensible (ish!)
Old 11-Nov-2005, 18:18
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Race noise limit is 105dba, my TZ was measured on the main straight at Donington at 103.6dba-the Gilera with a supposedly 'road legal' Conti on it measured at 109.7 at Brands down the main straight, and I got Black flagged. It's dammed hard to keep singles quiet, and to be fair the conti is supposed to be on a low(ish) compression 'V' twin not a high compression 4 valve single with lots of valve overlap. I have heard it described as 'offensive'.

John
Old 11-Nov-2005, 18:58
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
Quote:
Originally posted by Monty
Race noise limit is 105dba, my TZ was measured on the main straight at Donington at 103.6dba-the Gilera with a supposedly 'road legal' Conti on it measured at 109.7 at Brands down the main straight, and I got Black flagged. It's dammed hard to keep singles quiet, and to be fair the conti is supposed to be on a low(ish) compression 'V' twin not a high compression 4 valve single with lots of valve overlap. I have heard it described as 'offensive'.

John
Bloody right it is!
You should be ashamed!
Butch
Old 11-Nov-2005, 23:47
Montjuic

Mood: On the edge
Gonna ask a really bone question now, but was woundering what is a the differance between a 'Asymetric system', and what is supposed to be standard. Is it the size of the pipes??

I have an '04 999R, with the race system that comes with it, but haven't got a clue about what it is, and it's dimensions!!!!

Cheers Guys!
Old 12-Nov-2005, 00:39
Mille

Hmmmmmmm !!!!!!!
Old 12-Nov-2005, 01:09
Mille

aye up gaz ! got me 100 posts now !! asymetric thingy means its a half system , one big pipe minus cat , an one standard (smaller dia ) pipe rear cylinder ! but you get the loud bit which is basically the same , can that is . full system has two pipes of the same dia but more important the same (ish)length wiv the same loud bit , different connection plate as in the 05 999s transformation kit ! basically as long as its set up right (fuelin for both cylinders ) your average to fast road rider is better off wiv an asym ( cost aswell as owt ) system !! in my opinion !!!! full systems tend " in my opinion " to be sh*t hot on the track , but sh*t on,t road , throttle response at low revs zilch !
my opinion
ace
Old 12-Nov-2005, 01:16
Big Twin

ace, why do they behave so differently then? do you know?
Old 12-Nov-2005, 01:34
Mille

in what respect mate ? if you mean full systems " headers an all there designed to run at good rpm i.e get rid of all the **** as quick as poss , race bikes dont usually wait at traffic lights for too long a good fueled asym sounds the bollox and is user friendley "in my opinion"
ace
Old 12-Nov-2005, 01:39
Mille

and another thing , my mates just bought a micron system for his BUELL with serpent headers wot do we think about them hey